Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing. Brave is just a Native American warrior. It’s the same thing as the Vikings. But to these people, anything to describe a culture that’s not white is inherently racist unless that culture is the one using it.

I have a history degree. It hasn’t been useful for much, but it has been useful for my common sense. I’ve studied the Braves, the warrior ones.. it’s never been derogatory. Of course redskins is. But Indians is just a misnomer, and Brave is a warrior. Taking those names away is useless.
And technically, "Braves" is not even a designated Native American term. They had their own language. "Braves" was not derived from that language. And, as noted, it's not a derogatory label.

And technically, "Braves" is not even a designated Native American term. They had their own language. "Braves" was not derived from that language. And, as noted, it's not a derogatory label.
My colonial America’s professor went into that more in depth. I just don’t speak to it because I don’t know the languages in the first place- but he did. It was amazing how much he knew about the natives

Reactions: Paper_Towel
Am I missing something? I've never thought "Braves" was derogatory.

I mean Redskins I get...and I also get not using Native Americans as a mascot. But what's wrong with Braves?
My vote is the Atlanta Foreskins if they ever have a contest to rename the team. If they reject that name, maybe the Atlanta Taint-----lets get everyone upset :):):)

Since we're on this car thing, my daughter gave me a voucher to drive a supercar down at various tracks around the country as a Christmas gift last year. Covid, and other issues has delayed me doing it. I think next spring is when I'll schedule it. Which car should I choose?

View attachment 406447
What does it matter, grandpa? Not like you'll get over 50mph anyway. Even that may be too fast for you, old man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back