Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every OM fan I encountered at the game was sympathetic and seemed almost embarrassed to be the beneficiary of the bad calls. Maybe those were the few, but you know it’s bad when even the opposing fans are agreeing that we got screwed multiple times.

I've been to games at a lot of visiting stadiums and been around a lot of visiting fans at Neyland. I rarely encounter rude fans... I'm also a big believer that people reciprocate the "vibe" you put out.

Just received confirmation. The mustard was thrown because Lane looked like a huge weiner out there Saturday night.

Someone told me mustard is really good for cramps - said his high school football trainer used it.

Not sure if true... but funny all the same!!

SEC is a joke

I’m almost certain that the SEC has no control over:
- what we sell in our concessions (edit: perhaps they can? double edit: they definitely can); nor
- who we allow to attend games in our stadium.

So we got fined as if we rushed the field. The rest is window dressing.

Last edited:
I’m almost certain that the SEC has no control over:
- what we sell in our concessions; nor
- who we allow to attend games in our stadium.

So we got fined as if we rushed the field. The rest is window dressing.

They absolutely control this. It's why we couldn't sell alcohol until they passed the rule a few years ago.

They absolutely control this. It's why we couldn't sell alcohol until they passed the rule a few years ago.

Sorry, to clarify, I don’t think they can pick and choose who sells what if it’s otherwise allowed. But that’s a good point.

Edit: I was dead wrong on this.

Last edited:
SEC is a joke

Well now that that has been settled, we can delve into the bigger issue of incompetent refs.

I think UT Should tell the SEC, "We'll pay your fine and look for the people throwing suff...just as soon as you do something about the refs. Otherwise all video gets destroyed, you get nada for money...AND, all Camaras will be turned off for the next game and there will be no baggage check".

Actually, reasonable and fair imo.
Reasonable maybe. I do think the fans that threw stuff on the field are in the wrong and should be held accountable. But that accountability goes both ways. The fairness part remains to be seen. We will see if the SEC gives equal punishment to other teams for similar instances moving forward. I’m skeptical .

Calm after the storm:
This team is very fun to watch and the coaches know what they are doing.
No excuse for the stuff at the end of the game. Individuals identified need to be banned.
Officiating is an embarrassment for the premier conference in the sport. As long as Georgia/Alabama is protected, neither Sankey nor ESPN will care.
Injuries that cause a stop in play should result in the player ineligible to return until the next change of possession.
Still think we finish 7-5 and win a Bowl Game
A kid who throws popcorn or an empty plastic bottle when all hyped up in a crazy environment after watching bad call after bad call, should be banned from Neyland for the rest of their college years? Man, I wouldn’t want to be your kid.

That’s harsh. I love Heupel, but he’s fudged injury situations at his Monday pressers all season.
Good coaches do that. Why tell the opposition what your player status is a week before the game? This is not the NFL where that information is required---mostly for betting purposes

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back