Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a more serious note, my girlfriend is planning to go to UT for grad school in december. Obviously I’m not staying behind in SC. What job prospects are there around Knoxville for a 25 year old with a BA in History he doesn’t use? Lol
Whatever you do just stay away from TV and baseball program.

I am a huge steeler fan….. 2nd string is between Haskins and Tudolph right now….. anything can happen though but speculation is he will be cut and the Steelers hope to keep him on the practice squad if they can.
Yeah, I see that now. Sorry, I was unaware that they signed Haskins.

We may be. I just need to actually see it on the field.
I agree...I have no blind faith left in me. I think JH has the qualities to be a really good coach, but it is going to be a tough job fixing this mess....especially with a bunch of people already growing big expectations.

I agree...I have no blind faith left in me. I think JH has the qualities to be a really good coach, but it is going to be a tough job fixing this mess....especially with a bunch of people already growing big expectations.
I say give him time. Even if it’s 4-8 this year, give him time. It’s going to be a slog. We have to show we’re ready to invest in a coach. DW picked Heupel and we’ve got to roll with that.

I’ll revisit this in year 3 when I’m demanding a FAHRIN’

I say give him time. Even if it’s 4-8 this year, give him time. It’s going to be a slog. We have to show we’re ready to invest in a coach. DW picked Heupel and we’ve got to roll with that.

I’ll revisit this in year 3 when I’m demanding a FAHRIN’
At some point we’re going to have to let someone get 5 years. It’s up to Heupel to do enough to warrant it, and not have it blow up like Pruitt and Butch.

Here's my thought process: I think our rosters are flat better than Bowling Green, Tennessee Tech, South Alabama, and Vanderbilt. All of those have got to be wins. These are not talented football teams we're talking about.

I see three rosters better than the Vols for sure: Florida, Georgia, and Alabama. I don't think we can touch Alabama. But I once saw Kirby Smart lose to a 4-8 South Carolina team coached by Will Muschamp and I feel like Tennessee could beat Florida if Heupel is the offensive wizard many hope he is, especially if it's a Florida that just got waxed by Bama and is expecting a quick and easy rebound against a lousy UT.

Then I see five rosters where I really don't know. I could see Tennessee losing to or beating each of these teams. I have a hard time seeing them beat all of them. Losing to all of them strikes me as a distinct possibility if there are key injuries or if the QB position turns out to be a dumpster fire.

The bottom line is that if absolutely everything went right, they could wind up 10-2. But absolutely everything is not going to go right and we all know that. If everything goes wrong, they end up 4-8. If some things go right and some things go wrong, they settle at about 7-5.

I think I've been conditioned to be a pessimist since I've only really been a diehard since about 2007 or so and most of my existence has been pain mixed with disappointment and also more pain, so I can see everything going wrong a lot more easily than I can see it all going right.

Lawdy, my guy, how and why have you hung on so long?

must be a sadist

if i hadn't grown up a Vol fan since Bill Battle was coach and Condredge Holloway was the most exciting QB I'd ever seen and lived and breathed the game atmosphere during the 90's and early 2000's i would prolly just stick with my alma mater

MTSU, ha !

Lawdy, my guy, how and why have you hung on so long?

must be a sadist

if i hadn't grown up a Vol fan since Bill Battle was coach and Condredge Holloway was the most exciting QB I'd ever seen and lived and breathed the game atmosphere during the 90's and early 2000's i would prolly just stick with my alma mater

MTSU, ha !

But Tennessee IS my alma mater. Them and Colorado. The horror.

Reactions: HalfullVol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back