Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t care who gives us the “highest ceiling” Bailey is accurate and gets the ball to playmakers. If it’s not HB then I just feel bad for the kid. He’s basically not been given a fair shot and he is solid when he plays in game period.

when he has time and can get his feet set and throw in rythymn, Bailey is far and away the best passer. its not even close. But they aren’t going to face many defenses as bad as that one today or any pass rushes that futile either. I don’t really think it’s a “higher ceiling” decision. I think one guy (HB) gives you the best chance to beat the teams you should and the other gives you a punchers chance against some you shouldn’t.

Id still go with Bailey, because beating the teams you should is huge for the program right now and I think he’s the most realistic shot at 6 wins, also a huge milestone. But I don’t think Milton would be on campus if the staff didn’t think he was the safer bet.

You don't need to knock the receiver down with it but you can't throw a wounded duck either. The key is to throw it to the guy with the same color uniform as you have on.

I agree. Plenty of great QBs didn’t have elite arm strength. I just think sometimes people get caught up thinking a QB needs to be Jeff George to be good.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
100 percent right on Jennings. Preached it myself that was where he would be best at. Would’ve been all pro potential there.
Man, I love me some JJ but this is wishcasting on a skill set that’s just not there. He would’ve laid some big hits sure, but would’ve been a huge liability in the back end. His hips are too tight and his lateral burst too slow to play in the secondary. He also wouldve been the second slowest SS at the combine last year (with the worst vertical and broad jump too). He didn’t bother doing the cone or shuttle drill, for good reason I’d guess. His path to the nfl was always big bodied, dog receiver.

Reactions: theutvolunteers
Man, I love me some JJ but this is wishcasting on a skill set that’s just not there. He would’ve laid some big hits sure, but would’ve been a huge liability in the back end. His hips are too tight and his lateral burst too slow to play in the secondary. He also wouldve been the second slowest SS at the combine last year (with the worst vertical and broad jump too). He didn’t bother doing the cone or shuttle drill, for good reason I’d guess. His path to the nfl was always big bodied, dog receiver.

Go back and read about him out of high school. Most coaches even after he got on campus said all pro safety potential. No long term QB. He’s on practice squad as a receiver.

Reactions: Vols4us
This is a bad take regarding Bailey. He definitely has a strong arm and he showed it on the slant route that he stuck in there between two defenders that the receiver dropped.

Also, all of his deep throws had touch on them like they should and allowed his receivers to catch them in stride and run.

So true. I mean the way they are criticizing Bailey we might as well call Manning a pusher.

Go back and read about him out of high school. Most coaches even after he got on campus said all pro safety potential. No long term QB. He’s on practice squad as a receiver.

Notably he left out of his post that his body was different as a HS senior and would have gone through S&C/development as a D-back. He grew and developed into the role he was given instead of the one that we all saw in HS that he was best suited to be.

Maurer is the most physically talented QB on the team and it's not close. If they can get him to just take what the defense is giving him instead of going for 6 every play, watch out.
And yet Bailey who is basically a true freshman managed to get a score almost everytime he was on the field while looking poised and in control no matter whether he was playing with the first team or walk ons. BM needs more work than just taking what the defense gives him. He still looks like a kid from high school running around on the field. Although I understand some prefer that from a QB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back