Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
With all this political uproar how long will it be before either the NCAA ,SEC, Sponsors or a Major Network crosses the line and goes too far with the cancel culture that we are seeing. Bowl games are a huge draw for TV dollars and with the MLB All Star game being moved what happens to the SEC Championship. What about other bowls in other states that pass laws that the sponsors, Universities and media don't agree with? How long before customers and fans start a backlash of their own, then who wins ? The sadly funny part is when the money stops flowing then the big businesses that are acting like they care now will become silent, it's all about the dollar and nothing more. I wish we could all just get along, simple but hard at the same time I know but I guess if we expect more from each other we just may get it.

Last edited:
Per Rob Lewis:

This is second hand, so I’m not going to vouch for it being 100% accurate, but I know there’s a lot interest in the topic of Jonas Aidoo so wanted to pass along what I was hearing. Was told tonight that the zoom call with UNC coaches was something short of a roaring success for the Tar Heels.
To expand a little bit. A poster in the BALL forum brought a post over from UNC's 247 mods said it didn't happen and they don't have a feeling it will be rescheduled.

So did AP really say it’s Hooker, HB then Maurer running 3rd? If so boy the Maurer stans who’ve been going on about how he was SEC Caliber in 2019 with the stats of 2 TD 5 INT 48% Completion are going to be BIG mad. The idiots never cease to amaze.
Just a few days ago he said it was Hooker, Maurer, and Bailey looked like a distant 3 as he didn't get any reps with the 1's.

Reactions: Vols4us and StoVol
To expand a little bit. A poster in the BALL forum brought a post over from UNC's 247 mods said it didn't happen and they don't have a feeling it will be rescheduled.

Yes I saw that and posted it in the RF. NC fans were pissed it got “postponed”. Great news for us though

Yes I saw that and posted it in the RF. NC fans were pissed it got “postponed”. Great news for us though
Done deal, just hired the assistant coach that locked him down to Marquette, he leaves, kid decommits, doesn't "zoom" UNC, the Tarot Cards, tea leaves, Magic 8 Ball, all add up to the 🦒 being a Vol

Nobody in their right minds think men and women are athletically equal. If we were, there would be no need for segregated sports. There are some women who are more athletic and talented than some men. It is the exception, not the rule. Allowing men to play women's sports diminishes the purpose of Title 9, which was to allow women the opportunity for fair competition. Men have bigger hearts, bigger lungs, bigger bones, and higher bone density than women. Taking hormones doesn't negate any of those facts.
True...and it does not matter how many ways you come up with to define sex or gender or any other word.

I literally hate the world we live in now...I don't understand it anymore, and I don't even want to try. The older I get, the worse it gets and I am getting homesick for a better place...this one is not my home.

Micah 2: 10
I was thinking as I read through this that I feel like McGill....hate the insane world we live in.

Wait. Since I feel this way, does that make me a McGill?

He didn’t do a good job of articulating that.

I think it makes sense to have two definitions considering how things are nowadays.

But more importantly: who effing cares? If some guy says that he will be happier if he’s a woman then just let him be a retard and do that. Not hurting anyone

Unless, he decides he wants to play sports.

I was thinking as I read through this that I feel like McGill....hate the insane world we live in.

Wait. Since I feel this way, does that make me a McGill?
In these times, we all have a little McGill in us. It's hard to be hopeful when so much seems so bleak in the world.

I’m in a biology PhD program 👀

You can keep trying to make an argument based on what your politics are but the objective truth (of today’s society which is all that matters) is that sex and gender now have two different meanings. Is that right or wrong? I don’t know or care. It’s just how things are in society right now. I guess it makes sense to have those dividers. any further redefining of the words after this is when I’ll draw the line.

Get in a biology MD program.

I had covid, same symptoms 😂 lol except at least you keep your taste and smell, that's been super slow coming all the way back.
I have a question: now that it’s coming back, does anything taste different than it used to? My boss told me one of his sons had COVID and now can’t stand the taste of peanut butter — he says it tastes like metal. Same thing with my Dean’s daughter and chocolate.

tenor.gif

The NCAA is officially the most ignorant organization in sports.
I want several Boys High School 5 stars to try and play Women's college basketball.......see what happens. Nobody can stop them.

So Pat Summit did. She pioneered having former high school and even college men’s players practice against her teams. Made them tougher and that’s how they dominated for years. I talked to guys that scrimmaged against her teams, they routinely beat the guys pretty badly. The refs didn’t call fouls on the guys. Pat wanted them to be rough and they were and still got schooled by girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back