Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I talked with P5 recruiter last week. Lots of P5 schools are not high on Wade twins, especially with Destin as QB

I talked with P5 recruiter last week. Lots of P5 schools are not high on Wade twins, especially with Destin as QB
Not saying we wouldn't take them or not good enough, but if their choice is UK...that does speak volumes.

If the rumor is true..... it says our coaches wouldn’t lie to the one brother and tell him that he will be our QB.

As they shouldn't....just to get his brother..

Kids are going to have to compete for a job each year, wherever they go. Heupel has to recruit and sign kids that want that competition....and that may result in a meh class...but I believe it'll pay off down the road.

Slingblade Jr. Needs to make a PSA before the press conference today for the media to stop asking about "speed of the offense" for one damn day, for the love of all that is holy.

It’s funny - guys I would’ve sworn were VFLs like Gray and Morris, and To’oto’to transferred.

Meanwhile guys I would’ve sworn were portal bound like Wideman and Beckwith are sticking around and enjoying it all.

The more I hear about the Pruitt environment, the more I feel sorry for these young men.
I wish nothing but good times for them. Even if it’s not winning record, but just not to have bad memories of what should be a great time of their lives

If the rumor is true..... it says our coaches wouldn’t lie to the one brother and tell him that he will be our QB.
This is Cobb all over again. He wanted to come to UT as a QB and everyone told him his ticket to the NFL was at WR. Kentucky signed him as a QB and he played WR there :):):)

It's March. Recruiting was always going to suffer but it's too early to say for sure. Recruiting doesn't matter until December.

It matters years round, we've got a new staff facing sanctions, it appears we are on track to lose commitments from much needed in state recruits who could help us get others.

It's worse than I imagined things going so far, it's early but plain and simple we aren't going to get many sought after recruits. Going to be very rough for a very long time around here. Best we cozy up to that idea, top 30 recruiting classes and making a bowl game is going to be the ceiling for the foreseeable future.

Wade twins are very good football players, but it is not an indictment against our staff if they go somewhere else. I am sure they are a take, but they will not make or break this signing class.

If they go elsewhere it is not an indictment on this staff - it is an indictment on the last 13 years of Vol football that have been a miserable discombobulated mess and have left us languishing in utter irrelevance on the national stage. If we had coaching stability and a respectable record the past five years, guys would be begging to come here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back