Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reactions: volsfan_17
Didn't mean my response in any way, just a genuine answer. Sorry if it came of in a way. Only meant that automated 24/7 workers would/should mean lower prices...basically equivalent to slave labor.

I'm not a luddite economist type. Those people have been around ever since the industrial revolution, maybe earlier. The "such-and-such productivity gains = no jobs" panic crowd. Yet new industries always seem to emerge to support the new economic infrastructure. Imagine telling farmers in 1700 that only 1-2% of Americans would be farmers in the future. No way they could imagine such an existence being viable.

Now, to say exactly what it will look like...I have no idea and I'm not going to pretend to know what a much more automated workforce economy in 50 years will look like, just as those in 1970 had no idea how computerized everything would change things now by 2020. My guess would be work hours will decrease. Taxes on robotic workers will fund minimum basic income. Just random thoughts from me...who knows? Maybe it's worse, maybe a lot better. I only know that it's inevitable.

Fwiw, I do worry it could exacerbate economic inequalities, which I think is core to your concern as well.
It's only inevitable if it is allowed. Nobody working means nobody has money to buy the cheap crap your stupid robots build. I am a Luddite...It is getting out of hand. What made the post war western world great was people making good wages and buying stuff.

Reactions: SmokinBob
On the VQ podcast, AP said that Wideman is not a factor at all on this team.

"Wideman is not a factor. He is so far down the depth chart right now it is not even funny. He can't even get into a practice."

I'm not writing the kid off. He has AMAZING body control and his catch radius is huge. Not sure why it isn't clicking for him, but we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back