Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally ok with payback during competition as long as you don’t try to end someone’s career.

Very much against the opinion of wanting a player to go to jail for an elbow. Worse happens at your local park if you find a real game. Guy just happened to connect which is a damn shame and he should def serve a suspension. But that’s it.

I know you are just trying to argue but this post makes zero sense. You say you are ok with payback as long as a person is not trying to end someone's career. Getting elbowed in the face twice could have ended Fulkerson's career, Kermit Washington nearly killed Rudy Tomjanovich with one punch. I have played a lot of ball and have never seen a guy throw intentional elbows at another guy's face at a park or gym. You try to make it sound like a dude going to the hospital is commonplace in the game of basketball.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
I know you are just trying to argue but this post makes zero sense. You say you are ok with payback as long as a person is not trying to end someone's career. Getting elbowed in the face twice could have ended Fulkerson's career, Kermit Washington nearly killed Rudy Tomjanovich with one punch. I have played a lot of ball and have never seen a guy throw intentional elbows at another guy's face at a park or gym. You try to make it sound like a dude going to the hospital is commonplace in the game of basketball.

He wasn’t TRYING to end his career no matter how much you wanna hate FL.

Elbows are commonplace in bball, they just don’t always connect. This one did.

And if you don’t think you can “get someone back” in a bball game without looking to injure them (or if you think that dude deserves to be arrested HAHA) then you didn’t play basketball. All kinds of ways to hide elbows to ribs, elbows to the back, knees to the thighs. Not to mention “running through” screens or running through the lane and the opposing player happens to be there, hard fouls on fast breaks, etc.

You can literally make someone’s night miserable while not trying to end their career.

Edit: but also yes the pre-workout had kicked in so I may have wanted to tango

Under age 25 permanent brain damage from smoking weed 10x or more per month. Medically proven at this point. Legalization of marijuana has allowed actual medical research to occur. This research has busted some urban legends such as pot helps glaucoma (nope)

The part that scares me is actually the vape cartridges with THC and the edibles, in both cases you can easily megadose the THC...not sure of the potential consequences.

Tobacco was hailed for its calming effects back when you had to roll your own. Then the US government asked for mass produced cigarettes for soldiers during war time to help with the stress of battle. Subsequently, the world has discovered that tobacco causes emphysema, untold # of cancers, heart disease, etc. It’s use costs the world trillions in healthcare dollars every year. One JUUL is the equivalent of a pack of cigarettes...

How many marijuanas is in a vape cartridge? Don’t know...

What will we discover about marijuana once mass consumption can occur...I doubt that the answer will be that marijuana is a “harmless substance “ Just my 2 cents.

Back in my teenage years, I smoked more than 10x a day. For about 3-4 years. Not sure about the brain damage portion of your statement. I have several post graduate degrees and *self brag* excellent cognitive abilities.

Surely at this point medicinal marijuana has to be better than medications such as opiates over the long term. I see some utility for medicinal marijuana in chronic pain patients and those who suffer from anxiety/ stress induced medical conditions such as severe cases of PTSD. We both know long term use of opiates can cause liver and renal failure amongst many other conditions. It’s also possible to overdose on opiates, whereas I have yet to hear of someone overdosing on marijuana. As someone whose spouse is on a high dose of opiates (has been for 15 years due to RSD/CRPS Type II), I’d love to see her transition to something more effective and safer in the long term. She currently takes MS Contin and Hydros around the clock. Thanks to Ketamine therapy, her pain was reduced and her tolerance was somewhat reset. She used to be in Fentanyl, Diluadid, Ativan, and Morphine.
Which brings another point in opioid therapy that’s negative in the long term. It messes with the Mu receptors in the brain and can fundamentally change brain chemistry.

Anybody else hear the announcers say they don't expect any further punishment for Payne?

Dude, you and Cat split a Xanax.
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back