Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beat half I have seen. But be prepared for the calls to go the other way and Bama to shoot lights out in second.
Said this in the premier VN group text but it's all about energy. You can't just MATCH their energy. You have to blast theirs out of the water. Tennessee mostly did. Had spurts of just matching. Gotta want it, live in, breathe it.

First four minutes are key.

One thing I’ve seen so far in 3 halves of SEC Tourney play. Aggressive defensive the pack of dobermans has been back thanks to rest and Pons getting his health back in legs. JJJ healthy again. We have possibly found our recipe. I see a team comfortable running and pressing the pace. We are taking it to the basket. If we keep pushing the pace by running after rebounds and turnovers, finishing at basket instead of settling for shots which also gets you to the free throw line and play aggressive team defense. Love the edge we are playing with.

This second half is gonna get real ugly. They'll heat up and we'll go cold. Signs are there.

Not sure what signs you are seeing. It’s tourney time they will make a run as all good teams do but I haven’t seen signs of us not being willing to answer like we did when Florida would shows signs of a run.

Maybe the smallest big thing I have seen so far vs Fla/Bama is Barnes is quick to the timeout at first sign of a run. Maybe he has realized this teams isn’t one to play through it and needs a rest to gather. Been a pet peeve for a while is he allows runs to go too long and calls timeouts too late. He has been quick yesterday and today.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Not sure what signs you are seeing. It’s tourney time they will make a run as all good teams do but I haven’t seen signs of us not being willing to answer like we did when Florida would shows signs of a run.

Maybe the smallest big thing I have seen so far vs Fla/Bama is Barnes is quick to the timeout at first sign of a run. Maybe he has realized this teams isn’t one to play through it and needs a rest to gather. Been a pet peeve for a while is he allows runs to go too long and calls timeouts too late. He has been quick yesterday and today.
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back