Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus dude.. That would've killed me at any age..

I drank a pint of Maker's 101 in a somewhere around an hour and a half once... Chased it with a Frostie Root Beer 🤣.. I thought I was dying the next day and was sick for three days.. Didn't drink brown liquor for a year and a half after that...
While in college I went home with my roommate. I got there and he said they were having a tequila party. There were about 6 or seven of us sitting in chairs in a circle. I'd never had tequila so I wasn't sure what I was getting into. They had a community glass they were passing around. It was one of those old school cafeteria glasses, the small ones that you typically would have juice in. I would guess it was about 4oz. They'd fill it about 1/2 full and they'd hand it to you along with a slice of lemon and a salt shaker. You'd shoot it and hand it to the next person and they'd hit, so on and so forth.

I don't know how many times I hit it but it was a bunch. I don't remember much about that night. I have little tidbits that I remember. I recall that we all walked to the kitchen and passed around a half gallon of Bryer's vanilla ice cream and again, a community spoon. Handled it the same way we did with the liquor. At that point I must have passed out because the next thing I remember was waking up with my head on the table looking down at my blue jeans seeing white vanilla ice cream all over my pants. Yes, I'd thrown it up. I then remember two of the guys carrying me out side and laying me down on the concrete under the carport. I remember staring up at the light, a single incandescent bulb. I remember it being cold and having only a short sleeved shirt on and seeing my breath. It seemed like I was out there for maybe 10 minutes. I later found out I was out there for a couple of hours before they drug me back in the house.

I had never been that messed up and haven't been since. It was no fun. I literally couldn't put lemon in my tea for a year. Also, I found out it wasn't tequila we were drinking but good ol' moonshine. Got to love those roommates.

Last edited:
Hubbs said yesterday that he thought UT would get a commitment sometime in March. He wasn't implying anyone in particular, but I'm hopeful somebody will commit and get things moving.

The Wade twins would be a great start to this class considering all that's been going on. I think they would be leaders in recruiting the rest of the class as well.

While in college I went home with my roommate. I got there and he said they were having a tequila party. There were about 6 or seven of us sitting in chairs in a circle. I'd never had tequila so I wasn't sure what I was getting into. They had a community glass they were passing around. It was one of those old school cafeteria glasses, the small ones that you typically would have juice in. I would guess it was about 4oz. They'd fill it about 1/2 full and they'd hand it to you along with a slice of lemon and a salt shaker. You'd shoot it and hand it to the next person and they'd hit, so on and so forth.

I don't know how many times I hit it but it was a bunch. I don't remember much about that night. I have little tidbits that I remember. I recall that we all walked to the kitchen and passed around a half gallon of Bryer's vanilla ice cream and again, a community spoon. Handled it the same way we did with the liquor. At that point I must have passed out because the next thing I remember was waking up with my head on the table looking down at my blue jeans seeing white vanilla ice cream all over my pants. Yes, I'd thrown it up. I then remember two of the guys carrying me out side and laying me down on the concrete under the carport. I remember staring up at the light, a single incandescent bulb. I remember it being cold and having only a short sleeved shirt on and seeing my breath. It seemed like I was out there for maybe 10 minutes. I later found out I was out there for a couple of hours before they drug me back in the house.

I had never been that messed up and haven't been since. It was no fun. I literally couldn't put lemon in my tea for a year. Also, I found out it wasn't tequila we were drinking but good ol' moonshine. Got to love those roommates.
da36af7600b4847229948f8c4798c7c6.gif
And Tequila...

Lt. Daannnnn....

🤣

Have always preferred the white/orange cleats. Think they work with white or orange uniforms too.

https%3A%2F%2Fallfortennessee.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fgetty-images%2F2020%2F07%2F459863654.jpeg

Part of that was the team to tiger high. The team was obviously looking forward to a NC game. For tiger high, it was their greatest game. I was at that game. The players didn’t have any fire until it was too late. If they were not just going through the motions, they would have wiped the field with tiger high.

That was inexcusable. The University of Tennessee had never lost to tiger high. Since I am from Memphis, it was that much worse. To me, it was worse than losing to Georgia State...
The game plan(what a joke)was the most vanilla garbage I have ever seen. Sure the players were meh, but it was like having a garage full of Ferraris, Lambos and Porsches and taking out the Pinto..

Meh players or not, there was zero excuse for losing that game, and I always put it on Phil...it makes me wanna puke just thinking about it again 🤮

And you're right, considering all the factors it was the worst Vol loss of all time...it was way worse than either GState or the North Texas debacle in 75...both of those Vol teams were in the midst of longgoing doldrums.

That 96 UT team was loaded and in the middle of a decade long run of really good-great teams...How do you only score 17 pts in that game? With all that talent..🤮

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back