Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am curious why you think he couldn’t get a job after we finally fired him?

I will hang up and listen.

It doesn’t mean you have to call him a trash head coach. Has nothing to do with getting a job after UT. I do think that term is used more than it should be. He did something right to win a national title.

IDT they'll pass on a QB this class. They'll find one.
Agreed, but he probably won't be highly rated. Doesn't mean he can't come in and eventually be just fine. I don't expect this class will be anything spectacular for us, which is really sad considering the in-state class, but has more to do with the mess we're in than it does with anything JH or his staff has done or can do. Hopefully we can at least stay in the Top 25 when recruiting rankings are all said and done.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
It doesn’t mean you have to call him a trash head coach. Has nothing to do with getting a job after UT. I do think that term is used more than it should be. He did something right to win a national title.

Fulmer was one of the original "CEO-type" coaches. He let Chavis run the D and he let Cutcliffe run the O. He trusted his coordinators to do their jobs. Unfortunately for him, he failed when it came to hiring a replacement for Cutcliffe, twice. And honestly, the game was starting to pass him by. Doesn't mean he wasn't a great coach in his time, but time eventually passes everyone up. Unless you sell your soul to Satan like Tom Brady and eat small children for breakfast.

Can’t say that I’ve heard much aboit this guy, but he has experience at a number of high level schools in addition to being a DC previously. Our coordinator experience on the defensive side is crazy.
Just makes me wonder what happened for him to end up at North Texas? Doesn't make him a bad coach, but seems like a long fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back