Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
This reminded me of the look my now 10-year-old gave me when I came home to him sick as a little guy. Pulled at my heart strings. Thinking of you and yours.
Our 11-month-old son started running a fever this afternoon and is in the ER now with a 103.1 temperature. Some of you may recall me asking for prayers for my niece late last year due to MIS-C, a secondary condition to COVID-19. We are almost positive he was infected with COVID-19 a few weeks back. There was an outbreak at his school, and my wife and I contracted it. I know we have prayer warriors here and I would appreciate them at this time.

View attachment 352417

Yall are really sleeping on Maurer in the qb battle. Heupel pushed hard for Maurer to come to UCF when he was hired on there
i probably am for sure. i do think he's a better fit for this style of offense, than what he's had here, so while i'm a little lukewarm on him in total, I do think the competition we'll have at QB should be a very good one, between all 4 guys.....

We have an embarrassment of riches on the qb front. That might not be true in a pro set, but this offense runs on a principle that avoids traditional checkdowns. The qb typically knows the easy throw pre-snap, and does a brief check (up) to a higher risk option. The short middle throws get lbs and safeties out of position easily. When that happens a big run lane or long throw comes open. Safeties mentally fatigue on this offense quickly. The pace and quick throws bait them and they get burned. It’s going to be fun to watch no matter which qb starts.
this is kinda where i'm at...i really don't care who it is. as long as they're the best fit for the job. it is nice to look at the QB room and see nothing but potential....that's a good place to start.

Update on my grandson. He tested positive for the herpes1 virus, that causes the typical cold sores. His temp got up to 103 overnight. His little face is covered with sores and scabs. They have him on IV treatments and he will likely be in the hospital for a few days. He has a 1 month old brother and they are worried about his exposure. Appreciate the continued prayers VN. Really tough on my son and DIL.

Praying!
“God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear though the earth gives way, though the mountains be moved into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam, though the mountains tremble at its swelling.”
Ps 46.1-3

this is kinda where i'm at...i really don't care who it is. as long as they're the best fit for the job. it is nice to look at the QB room and see nothing but potential....that's a good place to start.

With all the talent in that room, whoever wins the QB competition this year is a good QB.

I.am.so.ready.for.FOOTBALL.

giphy.gif
Starts Saturday

Reactions: preacherwebb
Yall are really sleeping on Maurer in the qb battle. Heupel pushed hard for Maurer to come to UCF when he was hired on there
If not for the baggage I would the BM would be the favorite.

He makes quick decisions. Loves to let it rip. Has a strong arm to make every throw. And can run.

It’s the mental processing aspect- can he learn? Does he want to put in the hours of film study and practice?

Those are things he hasn’t done in the past. So if he is up for a change then I think you are right.

Watched Peyton's Places with Tarkenton.

Great episode. Its crazy to imagine dude played with barely ANY foam inside helmet. Comparatively to today's game where we truly safegaurd players, sometimes to the detriment of the game.

Watching old clips, never quite imagined how brutal the game was. Dudes throwing running lariats, going for knees, punching balls were all common place.

Guess the modern players speed, size, and athleticism warrants such regulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back