Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep your eye on Starlink for your internet. I'm switching as soon as available.

Starlink will be interesting. Supposedly will be available in the Nashville area sometime late 2021. Iā€™ve been following online conversations about it to see if the speeds match up with whatā€™s advertised and if itā€™s reliable. So far, seen some good things. Biggest issue for me is the upfront cost for the equipment is $500 and then itā€™s $99.99/month after that for the service.

before i respond...are you looking for a means to understand? or are you saying you don't understand why others would place any belief in him?
I don't understand why people are pegging him as the starter. I'm glad to have him, and I think Heupel will squeeze pass production out of him if he has to, but I don't think he has the accuracy needed to throw the ball all over the yard, and that is what this offense is...running ability is a plus, but it is not the primary skill needed to make this offense hum.

Update on my grandson. He tested positive for the herpes1 virus, that causes the typical cold sores. His temp got up to 103 overnight. His little face is covered with sores and scabs. They have him on IV treatments and he will likely be in the hospital for a few days. He has a 1 month old brother and they are worried about his exposure. Appreciate the continued prayers VN. Really tough on my son and DIL.
Continuing to pray for him, baby brother, and all y'all.

Oklahoma game gonna be šŸ”„. CJH gonna have that game circled for a long time. Hope we are post COVID and can pack Neyland like last time.

If not, plenty of time for everyone to get a hazmat suit. Vaccines would work too and be much cheaper.

Covid will be a horrible history by the OK game. My prediction.

Watched Peyton's Places with Tarkenton.

Great episode. Its crazy to imagine dude played with barely ANY foam inside helmet. Comparatively to today's game where we truly safegaurd players, sometimes to the detriment of the game.

Watching old clips, never quite imagined how brutal the game was. Dudes throwing running lariats, going for knees, punching balls were all common place.

Guess the modern players speed, size, and athleticism warrants such regulation.
Go back and look at clips at richard ā€œnight trainā€ lane. He is the reason NFL implemented no tackling by the face mask. He nearly took caused serious neck injuries.

Last edited:
Starlink will be interesting. Supposedly will be available in the Nashville area sometime late 2021. Iā€™ve been following online conversations about it to see if the speeds match up with whatā€™s advertised and if itā€™s reliable. So far, seen some good things. Biggest issue for me is the upfront cost for the equipment is $500 and then itā€™s $99.99/month after that for the service.
Yeah, the cost has gone up since first introduced. It was first thought to be in the $80 range. I bet the equipment will come down over time.

Update on my grandson. He tested positive for the herpes1 virus, that causes the typical cold sores. His temp got up to 103 overnight. His little face is covered with sores and scabs. They have him on IV treatments and he will likely be in the hospital for a few days. He has a 1 month old brother and they are worried about his exposure. Appreciate the continued prayers VN. Really tough on my son and DIL.
Don't they have a treatment now for that virus? @drvenner would know about herpes treatments.

Reactions: VOLSONLY and StoVol

I don't understand having to pay for the equipment AND the service ... for anything. I guess I'm just a cheapskate.

Reactions: Nash_Vol97
Yeah, the cost has gone up since first introduced. It was first thought to be in the $80 range. I bet the equipment will come down over time.

Yeah Iā€™m sure it will. Competition may help the price as well. I know Amazon is also launching a satellite internet company but they are further behind in the process I believe and they have plans for less satellites at this point.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
SpaceX is launching thousands of satellites to provide quality internet to the entire world with very little infrastructure needed. Just buy a $500 dish and boom. Fast internet.
It's also my understanding the satellites are closer in proximity to earth, so latency is ridiculously low (circa 35ms or so).

Reactions: Sleegro
Sorry Brother. We will continue to keep your family in our prayers.

I don't understand why people are pegging him as the starter. I'm glad to have him, and I think Heupel will squeeze pass production out of him if he has to, but I don't think he has the accuracy needed to throw the ball all over the yard, and that is what this offense is...running ability is a plus, but it is not the primary skill needed to make this offense hum.
Seems like some just like a QB that can run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back