Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not “hysterical “ in fact I predicted this would happen. It just tells us how bad our program is right now

I’m starting to think the perception is even worse than reality. 12 to 24 months from now much of the image could be repaired but coaches may believe it will take even longer.

Doug Matthews saying he thinks Willie Martinez is going to be secondary coach. If true, no wonder they are chasing DCs. Hiring a staff and saying here is who your coaches are. Hopefully he is spitballing. Says Steele is a fall back option for DC.
Well secondary is going to suck.

Should have hired Conklin a week into the job. Now put everyone in a tough spot if it does happen and make it look like you settled when he is better than the 3 guys rumored to have offered
I say again, his defenses at Pitt were mediocre to bad all three years. No way to know if he is better or not.

Fans aren’t gonna get their way in 3 years tho. Only way that happens is if this thing completely implodes and we go 2-10 in Y3. So it doesn’t really matter.
Maybe they will, maybe they won't. I wouldn't bet against the dysfunction of our administration, no matter who's in charge. Dooley lasted 3 years. Butch survived 5. Pruitt was 3. Hopefully this won't be a concern with Heupel. Hopefully we finally have a coach that can put something together. But he needs to hit on his DC choice. If things don't work out, we could see another clean sweep in a few years of Plowman, White, and CJH. I'm hoping that doesn't happen because it truly would be a sign of football ruin, but I also know our recent history. It's not really about what fans want, but boosters are more than just fans.

This crap is turning me against sports, already refuse to watch pro sports. Just hire the best you can get, where you’re at, race and gender shouldn’t matter.
all that other stuff doesnt bother me, at all. the primadonna pro athelete does bother me. Worse yet is the primadonna HS or college athlete.

pre-madonna*

I have a lot of respect for you. You can do better than this.
What's wrong with what I posted? Is it not true that they are going out of their way to hire a person of color? Have we not been turned down by a baker's dozen of African Americans? Is it not a valid question to ask that when we can't get an African American to take it that we just go find the right person for the job regardless of skin color?

My statement wasn't racist in the least bit.

Last edited:
Maybe they will, maybe they won't. I wouldn't bet against the dysfunction of our administration, no matter who's in charge. Dooley lasted 3 years. Butch survived 5. Pruitt was 3. Hopefully this won't be a concern with Heupel. Hopefully we finally have a coach that can put something together. But he needs to hit on his DC choice. If things don't work out, we could see another clean sweep in a few years of Plowman, White, and CJH. I'm hoping that doesn't happen because it truly would be a sign of football ruin, but I also know our recent history. It's not really about what fans want, but boosters are more than just fans.

Sacking Dooley was about righting a wrong. Why hire that guy in the first place? By far the worst resumé of anyone we’ve hired. Just plain dumb.

Butch - you can’t go 4-8 and winless in the SEC in Y5. It’s your program at that point. You’ve recruited every player, your system is fully installed. If Butch had a down year and went 7-5 and not 4-8 he likely keeps his job.

Pruitt 🤷🏻‍♂️.

I think Heup will get a super long leash. He’ll have to meltdown by Y3 to get fired.

Let's roll!

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back