Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Black coaches are underrepresented at the coordinator (and HC) level, so I honestly don't mind White trying to make a hire in that direction. I also think it's important the coaching staff represents 80% of the roster.

The problem I have is White and Heupel possibly not being on the same page. If your HC wants to hire x, you should hire x, if you trust him as much as you say you do.
White players are underrepresented in the NBA .
We should start a boycott and demand they draft white guys in the first round.

Is this how that stuff works?

I mean I got no issue with DW if that's true, and it seems like JH hasn't got an issue either. If we read the tea leaves and look at what has been posted on various news sources as stories. Brown & Washington both had legit offers/interest and -they- (not us) chose not to come here. I've seen nothing firm that leads me to believe Orlando got a legit offer, not even a "staying at USC" tweet from their side.

So obviously JH doesn't ONLY want Conklin, and has liked at least 2 other candidates well enough to make strong pushes to hire them. If all this is taken at face value the only thing it makes me think is Heupel isn't sold on Rodgers, cause he's the only name I feel confident would have already said yes. NFL is in their off-season, VFL, from the state and likely wants another shot to be a DC. If he had gotten paperwork like Washington the search would be done, imo at least.

A for effort ...

XxFJAWw.gif

Whew thank goodness he was wearing his helmet that could have been bad.

That gif reminded me of the 130 car pileup on I-35 in Ft Worth yesterday. They all were in the HOV lanes and must have been traveling pretty fast. Those barriers were on both sides of the lanes and there was no way to avoid the initial accident. Lots of big rigs involved and a total mess. 6 people died. Cars and trucks were crushed. It was on an overpass and evidently full of black ice.

That was so sad

Reactions: Batman1948
Then why was Todd Orlando one of the first choices> This is another case of Basilio/social media creating drama.

That never went anywhere. The 3 we have been deep in discussions with and the rumored next two in line despite Conklin being clearly interested tells plenty of the story.

This is not the place to have this discussion, but what you're pointing out is a false equivalency.

Labor and talent positions are far more merit-based than coaching and management positions. The zinger you've just tried to use actually proves the opposite point: there are far more black players by percentage in the NBA than head coaches by percentage.

I don't know. That is why I am not speculating about DW pushing a diversity hire. Did you hear it from the same source I did? Third hand from someone who brought it over here from VQ?
I haven’t heard anything about pushing a diversity hire and I don’t go to VQ. I only come on this site. But, if you look at who we are targeting, it seems like more than speculation. Especially since I was told that Heupel likes Conklin and he would come.

The posts following the video of the man being hit with a tire or such a perfect summation of our posters (and people in general). Someone says "He died" and it is followed up by multiple posters affirming that he died. Saying things like of course he did. How could you watch that and not know he died. Oh wait, there is actually evidence and reports that clearly state he did not die. Oh, oooops! Well, by my observation it was obvious the dude must have died so I ran with it like it was true.

Hopefully JH picks possibles. If they get to the negotiation part it makes sense that DW might do that part - not the coaches.

Reactions: UTJoe

Are you suggesting that black coaches simply can't coach as well as white coaches. The NBA player pool is a product of a meritocracy. The world of coaching hasn't traditionally been one.

How do we know that's true?

Hubbs, Price, Brice, Swain and probably a few others have all at some point said Conklin wanted the job. Does he still after the Washington/Rodgers stuff... not sure. It’s a complicated situation for him that I wonder if they had player their season as normal if he wouldn’t already be here

yeh but Bruin and Weezer say it’s a crap hire so it must be accurate lol. I agree w Cut. I think this team will really like this guy as well.

Those two guys might be the same person because they're both so negative about everything. I don't think I've ever read anything positive from either of them.

giphy.gif

Concern is not necessarily negativity. Nothing I say or do will change what this staff ultimately does. I hope they prove me wrong a thousand times over, but only time will tell how it all shakes out.

And I hope Tim Banks doesn't get our DC job. Anybody else notice he worked for Butch at Central Michigan? Sorry, I think we can do better. If that's being negative, sorry, not sorry.

Black coaches are underrepresented at the coordinator (and HC) level, so I honestly don't mind White trying to make a hire in that direction. I also think it's important the coaching staff represents 80% of the roster.

The problem I have is White and Heupel possibly not being on the same page. If your HC wants to hire x, you should hire x, if you trust him as much as you say you do.
What? So if 80% of the roster is one race, you should have 80% of the coaching staff the same? Wow!!! So if I went to a predominantly minority school (which I did) 80% of teachers and admin should have been minority? If a company is 90% white, should they have 90% of company leadership be white? This logic is outrageous. Hire the best people possible and let them do their jobs. This is regardless of whether they are black, white, Asian, Chinese, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back