Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why? Because it will skew stats? I would think the fact that being decent defensively will produce wins (because of the high offensive production) would counterbalance those concerns.
Yeah we supposedly had defensive gurus in place for several years and we saw how that turned out... I agree with Cat that we might not get a big name guy, but I’m ok with that if the new guy can teach how to cover a slant..and not use high school wide receivers/ running backs at db and lb... no more 3 year player projects.. let em play what they know

note: now that we have an offensive minded coach... watch us start converting high school db and lbs to wide receiver and running back .lol....

Last edited:
Yeah I have to agree that unfortunately former players, especially the Fulmer era guys are a big part of the negativity problem.

They have an agenda, it's been made clear. I'm not opposed to diversity hiring, but I hate when it's the only reason. I also am not opposed to former players being hired, but I hate it when that's the only reason. Both of these seem to be the main reason Tee was being pushed on us by former players.

Also I think a few of them felt disrespect by Kiffin turning us into Southern Cal fanzone and then Dooley was an outright prick I'm sure then ya land Butch who is the worst of the bunch. I think if they legit give JH a chance they'll like him, he played at the highest level including a few seasons in the NFL and worked his way up. Unlike Dooley or Butch that rode some coattails to get where they were Josh put in the work almost a decade at OU going from QBs to co-OC to unemployed, he took it on the chin despite being the starting QB for Stoops in his first two seasons as a HC and winning him his only national title while there. He understood it was a business, didn't take a season off to be an OA or anything either. Went right back to coaching at Utah State.

I seen LA comment about this isn’t what Steele envisioned. What did he envision? Being the Hc? Being DC for a different candidate? What happened to wanting to see your university through this? All changes when you realize you can take 900k for two weeks of work lol. Can’t believe we don’t have some kind of out in thst contract somewhere.
Fulmer was trying to get the band back together............

I think Tee was trying to get his own coup going by leaking everything to Trey Wallace

Did you guys see the good news from Gov Lee? Think the Orange and White game will be open to all who wants to come?
That is great news. My Grandson will be 5, beautiful spring day hopefully and great chance to take him to his first UT football outing. Looking forward to the O&W Game.

Yeah I have to agree that unfortunately former players, especially the Fulmer era guys are a big part of the negativity problem.

They have an agenda, it's been made clear. I'm not opposed to diversity hiring, but I hate when it's the only reason. I also am not opposed to former players being hired, but I hate it when that's the only reason. Both of these seem to be the main reason Tee was being pushed on us by former players.

Also I think a few of them felt disrespect by Kiffin turning us into Southern Cal fanzone and then Dooley was an outright prick I'm sure then ya land Butch who is the worst of the bunch. I think if they legit give JH a chance they'll like him, he played at the highest level including a few seasons in the NFL and worked his way up. Unlike Dooley or Butch that rode some coattails to get where they were Josh put in the work almost a decade at OU going from QBs to co-OC to unemployed, he took it on the chin despite being the starting QB for Stoops in his first two seasons as a HC and winning him his only national title while there. He understood it was a business, didn't take a season off to be an OA or anything either. Went right back to coaching at Utah State.

I think the Tee brigade need to realize the best chance we have at avoiding heavy penalties outside of what we impose on ourselves we need a nearly full clean slate in AD and Football staff. It is why your seeing it. You hire and AD that will bring in a different style of infrastructure and his HC that he has shown he can manage. Then that guy brings in mainly his own guys. It makes the conversation a lot easier with NCAA to be able to attempt to point out that hey let’s not punish all these people that had nothing to do with it. Everyone involved or associated is gone. We already decimated ourselves. We did all the legwork. Let’s move on.

Yeah we supposedly had defensive gurus in place for several years and we saw how that turned out... I agree with Cat that we might not get a big name guy, but I’m ok with that if the new guy can teach how to cover a slant..and not use high school wide receivers/ running backs at db and lb... no more 3 year player projects.. let em play what they know

note: now that we have an offensive minded coach... watch us start converting high school db and lbs to wide receiver and running back .lol....
I just want some badass press coverage guys who can throw off route timing and hit in open space (and cover slants). Is that too much to ask?

Reactions: PolkVol
Players mad that White didn't give Tee an interview. Did Former A.D Fulmer give Tee an interview last search?[/QUOTE

The time to interview and possibly reach and give Tee a shot was the search that led to Pruitt. Not this time with NCAA scandal. So yeah they should really be mad at Fulmer for not experimenting with Tee instead of Pruitt. White didn’t come here to hire a Hc that wasn’t that good of an OC

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back