Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice. Was actually hoping for that. He’s got some dudes ok that side of the ball and they already know his offense. Big plus imo. I’m more concerned about defense anyways. That’s got me a little nervous. Hope he can get that right.
I can safely say... You're not alone in your concern lol

Realistically, going 8-4 most years with some 10-2 years in there as well should be seen as a success. Sometimes you might catch lightning in a bottle and go 11-1, but we can’t expect to be in the SEC title game every year.

If that’s your baseline, you will accept that we’re going to lose some close games — sucks, but just the way it goes. Enjoy the 30-point blowouts of weak SEC teams and being in a position to where “situational football” matters vs. UF/UGA.
Pretty much.. Yeah...

Reactions: HankHill
I just hope it was stressed in the interview that he will need to hire a elite DC staff in order to be hired here..that’s all I want and I’ll feel better about this hire entirely.

Just need to be open minded about a DC. Young great DCs are popping up all over the place now. How many people even knew who guys like Dave arranda, Alex grinch, Brandon Staley, or Zach arnett were ? I’m not worried about name. I just want 4-2-5 or 3-3-5.

Tulane’s starting RBs that were top 15 nationally in rushing were 230, 200, and 225 last year.

Starting WRs are 6’ and 6’2”, both extremely fast.

The AAC is not the SEC, but it’s more competitive than most realize.
It was ranked, by multiple well known analytics guys, as the 5th best conference in 2019 (ahead of the ACC).

So what the hedgefund people do (millionaires and billionaires accounts) is they say "let me borrow your stock in xyz and I'll give you abc amount of money(interest) AND your stock back in a specified amount of time."

This is done because the hedge guys think a certain market is over priced (gamestop) so they will sell the stock once borrowed. They anticipate that the stock will costs less in that specified amount of time and when it comes time to give it back, they'll buy low, give the stock back plus the abc amount of interest and profit the difference

So using numbers: Stock is $30 and they promise to return the stock plus $2 in a month.

What they plan: they sell at $30 and let's say the stock drops to $10 in a month. The hedge guy will buy the stock at $10 and give that plus the $2 to the one they borrowed the stock from and profit $18. Think this in a larger scale.

What happened: They sold the borrowed stock at $30 and saw the stock jump to $350 which means they'd have to rebuy at $350 losing $320 plus whatever interest they promised. On a larger scale that was a loss of billions for some and a gain for others. Some individuals banked HEAVY on the quick trade.
How long before MIT Beaver posts a screenshot of Game Stop stock lol

Just need to be open minded about a DC. Young great DCs are popping up all over the place now. How many people even knew who guys like Dave arranda, Alex grinch, Brandon Staley, or Zach arnett were ? I’m not worried about name. I just want 4-2-5 or 3-3-5.
Agree. Nickel is the new base, might as well recruit to it. How many teams now run Dime as their base? I've heard 1 or 2 nfl teams already do or will soon.

Reactions: HankHill
Josh Conklin....HC at Wofford. He was safeties coach at Tennessee in 2012

Agree. Nickel is the new base, might as well recruit to it. How many teams now run Dime as their base? I've heard 1 or 2 nfl teams already do or will soon.
It is. Only teams you can really play base against is like rams,Baltimore, Philly, and NE. Everyone else uses too many WRs.

Reactions: Devo182
Did we confirm Heupel paid half of his buyout? If true this guy is really speeding up winning me over. I like what I hear in interviews. I like what I’m hearing offensively. Get a great defensive staff and don’t intervene.

Troy Fleming on 104.5 the day he was hired “oh y’all don’t like him? Maybe y’all forgot those 700 yards of offense he put up on us at Missouri.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back