Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been a fan since 1967. Been here for all the good and lately all the bad. I have hope again for Big Orange Country!
I've been a fan since the early 60's. I'll never give up on the Vols. I was in New Orleans in 85 and I was in Tempe for The National Championship game of the 98 season. I can only see them now when they come west of the Mississippi. I'm hoping this is the one that gets us back.

So that's what short trading is, well explained. Question I guess is if you're not using hedge guys how are you impacted (I assume they can't borrow your stock)?
I'm not sure if they can from a portfolio or not but it shouldn't technically hurt the owner of the stock anyways outside of not having it while it's high. Not much of a macro impact. It's mostly micro but we saw the rich and maybe gov just side with the mega rich "manipulation" but not when it's the common people doing it.

Kodi Burns appears to be a legit recruiter. His list looks good on 247. Maybe Capers will consider transferring here.

I noticed Golesh recruited Latrell Bankston to Iowa St. I would have been interested in that but it appears he already decommited from Napier and showed up at Houston this wk. so too late

Man...no offense but **** this wait and see noise.

I'm die hard son, O&W 24/7. We're undefeated in the Josh Heupel era, and I expect to see the team rolling come Fall. I'll be excited as hell before every game we play cause I love watching my Vols. Got something to say TEXT ABOUT IT!
XXV-NULLA
👀 👀 👀

Heupel's worst offense EVER scored 29 ppg (1 year stop at Utah St). That is 1 season below 30 ppg in 10 years.

Daaaaaang. If our floor is 29 ppg...that would be in the top 30% of scoring offenses from our last decade.

I am very excite!

And if I remember correctly, it was Chuckie Keeton’s final year and he got injured again. He was never really the same after his first injury in either his sophomore or junior year. A sophomore QB ended up playing more games.

I'm not sure if they can from a portfolio or not but it shouldn't technically hurt the owner of the stock anyways outside of not having it while it's high. Not much of a macro impact. It's mostly micro but we saw the rich and maybe gov just side with the mega rich "manipulation" but not when it's the common people doing it.
Basically. I believe brokers, or other market makers, essentially do the borrowing and can float some portions themselves. But it's basically "behind the scenes" and you're right short selling doesn't affect stockholders. In the short run...in theory some may piggyback big shorts made very public. But the value is either there or not in the long-run.

It's not like short sellers can change a company's fundamentals, just like these redditor pumpers can't either (albeit the company could sell their treasury stock, if they hold any, for a tidy profit).

People can nitpick and poke holes in his resume all they want. Nobody looks forward to playing a team with an aggressive, up-tempo, big-play offense like this.
My biggest concern is what they do in situational football.... Maybe it's flashbacks to Butch, but that was a huge downfall of his as a game manager. So when coaches are married to these systems, that's usually what makes or breaks them.

I think it's hard to argue against what he's done overall as an offensive coach and truthfully, I'm not sure how much situational football will matter to these early teams.. Lol
But as we get more competitive.... Something to keep an eye on

In the meantime I'm looking forward to seeing what he does with the skill position players we have... There's a lot of potential there for the style he's bringing.

I’ve been building a swing set for my daughters 3rd bday all day. Had to skip 45 pages. Saw a paywall article in 247 that mentions new staff. Sorry if already posted but does it mention anything noteworthy?
Apparently brought the whole offensive staff up fro Orlando

Hearing Angelia Brummett, UCF's on-campus recruiting coordinator, and graduate assistant Mitch Militello are likely to be part of Josh Heupel's staff at Tennessee.

Brummett has worked at Tennessee in the past and got her degree from Tennessee in 2018. From her UCF bio: "During her undergraduate work at the University of Tennessee, Brummett spent time working with the Volunteers’ football recruiting operations department as a team recruit ambassador and a student assistant for recruiting."
Good for her----homecoming. Now we just need to keep these perverts away from her twitter account :):):)

I hope he runs the ball as well as he did while OC at OU.

2011: 162.9 ypg
2012: 161.4 ypg
2013: 223.9 ypg
2014: 261.2 ypg

Thing of beauty honestly, his first 2 seasons there as OC he had Landry Jones and they slung it all over the field to the tune of over 335 yards passing a game. Last two seasons he's got Blake Bell & Trevor Knight so he shifts to more of a rushing attack involving the athletic QBs and ya see what happened.
He's always been almost exactly 50-50 run pass split. Extremely balanced. Always top 20 in rushing yards. 2019 had 4 RBs with over 600 yards rushing. Lots of briles run concepts with wr split so far out they can't stack the box, so just run right up the middle. Usually with a handful of qb option runs a game too.

Apparently brought the whole offensive staff up fro Orlando
Nice. Was actually hoping for that. He’s got some dudes on that side of the ball and they already know his offense. Big plus imo. I’m more concerned about defense anyways. That’s got me a little nervous. Hope he can get that right.

He's always been almost exactly 50-50 run pass split. Extremely balanced. Always top 20 in rushing yards. 2019 had 4 RBs with over 600 yards rushing. Lots of briles run concepts with wr split so far out they can't stack the box, so just run right up the middle. Usually with a handful of qb option runs a game too.
Screams Salter.

My biggest concern is what they do in situational football.... Maybe it's flashbacks to Butch, but that was a huge downfall of his as a game manager. So when coaches are married to these systems, that's usually what makes or breaks them.

I think it's hard to argue against what he's done overall as an offensive coach and truthfully, I'm not sure how much situational football will matter to these early teams.. Lol
But as we get more competitive.... Something to keep an eye on

In the meantime I'm looking forward to seeing what he does with the skill position players we have... There's a lot of potential there for the style he's bringing.

Realistically, going 8-4 most years with some 10-2 years in there as well should be seen as a success. Sometimes you might catch lightning in a bottle and go 11-1, but we can’t expect to be in the SEC title game every year.

If that’s your baseline, you will accept that we’re going to lose some close games — sucks, but just the way it goes. Enjoy the 30-point blowouts of weak SEC teams and being in a position to where “situational football” matters vs. UF/UGA.

Reactions: jakez4ut
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back