Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man i hope so. I hope we find another tackle in the portal just in case but as a whole i really like our OL in an isolation scheme JH will put them in a lot of positions where they are running against 5-6 man boxes.

Here is a diagram of one of the staples of their run blocking against a 3 man front or a 4 man front. A lot of people call this Jolt or Dart. View attachment 346297

View attachment 346293View attachment 346300They like using the backside tackle to lead the charge to the 2nd level. Matt ruhle loves stuff like this as does Lincoln Riley. The 49ers do it a lot with kittle when he is on the backside of a run play. This also gives you a lot of options as an rpo if you trust your QB. They usually space out their slot options and have them shoot to the boundary so the OLbs or Inside corners have to decide instantly to go with them or commit to run on the inside. It’s putting a lot of pressure on those defenders and it’s a very easy way to get your RBs to the 2nd level quick or have a very easy 4-6 yard completion for your QB.
Receivers and QBs are going to have to prove we can win on the outside before we get 5/6 man boxes. Teams are going to dare us to throw it and will try to be physical with us at the LOS.

If we end up with a 1 year bowl ban and less than 5 total scholarships lost, then I think it was pretty deft maneuvering. Yes, the loss of current roster sucks, but it may be for the best in the long run.

Minimum, we could have moved 10-14 days earlier on the process which would have changed roster retention. Minimum, she could have avoided making the infractions seem SMU bad so as not to send the coaching community the message TN admin doesn’t get it.

Great, you can take a break now and read the new Game of Thrones novel.

Oh wait, nvm, Martin's a butthole who is likely to never finish it.
I am never reading anything that jerk writes again..when I went through Taos this summer I wanted to look for his house and egg it and roll it..🤭

What's happening? Haven't had a chance to look. Allen know is I've lost a few thousand since Jan 20.
A bunch of redditts pumped some stocks up to squeeze a bunch of shorts. So investors complained and now a bunch of trading platforms have locked those stocks to where you can only sell. Look up games top stock if you are interested in whats happened.

Are you trying to compare Garnett to Rodman defensively? Not nearly the same. Lebron would have gotten his.....but would have paid for it.
I mean, KG was objectively a better rim protector than DR. He also had more NBA All-Defensive teams. Rodman was a special player, but he excelled at being physical. Trying to out physical a 6'9 270 human freight train for 48 minutes isn't going to work.

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
A bunch of redditts pumped some stocks up to squeeze a bunch of shorts. So investors complained and now a bunch of trading platforms have locked those stocks to where you can only sell. Look up games top stock if you are interested in whats happened.
I saw a blurb about game stop but didn't really investigate.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
Get bent dude. It was a horrible take and you know it. Not bitching just tired of people trying rationalize this hire as what’s “best”. We, you included, have been going through the same routine for the past 15 years. Same process 4 hires in a row. Underwhelming hire, try to find silver lining, gain false hope, get let down once again. I’m not mad at the hire, but that doesn’t mean I have to be a pumper either. So if you’re going to try and bash people for having a semi-objective viewpoint then GTFO a public message board.
This guy may or may not work. He has had success in this conference and else where.... People wanna say his team got worse at 6-4 in conference play id be thrilled to have went 6-4 in any f****** league. With major injuries to boot. You get bent and I will sit back and support UT while bot being a part of the toxic waste enviroment and give the guy a chance.

Reactions: FBtime
I mean, KG was objectively a better rim protector than DR. He also had more NBA All-Defensive teams. Rodman was a special player, but he excelled at being physical. Trying to out physical a 6'9 270 human freight train for 48 minutes isn't going to work.
If they played by rules in the 90’s he would irritate the sh$t out of Lebron.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back