Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
May we dare hope the new guy plops them into a spot and let’s them play? I was out early last season with that jumbo package and constant rotation. I think they tried to recreate that dynamic from Fulmer’s days as OC. Cade came home to work at OG where he should play in the NFL...and got more journeyman training ala UGA with way less winning.

Man i hope so. I hope we find another tackle in the portal just in case but as a whole i really like our OL in an isolation scheme JH will put them in a lot of positions where they are running against 5-6 man boxes.

Here is a diagram of one of the staples of their run blocking against a 3 man front or a 4 man front. A lot of people call this Jolt or Dart.

1611847170201.png

1611847018898.png1611847246498.pngThey like using the backside tackle to lead the charge to the 2nd level. Matt ruhle loves stuff like this as does Lincoln Riley. The 49ers do it a lot with kittle when he is on the backside of a run play. This also gives you a lot of options as an rpo if you trust your QB. They usually space out their slot options and have them shoot to the boundary so the OLbs or Inside corners have to decide instantly to go with them or commit to run on the inside. It’s putting a lot of pressure on those defenders and it’s a very easy way to get your RBs to the 2nd level quick or have a very easy 4-6 yard completion for your QB.

Last edited:
So we had coaches not even taking phone calls when we tried to call them and others are saying they are scared of the possible sanctions ? Then we got our man Heupel saying I will pay my own money to get the Tennessee job. Wow come on guys we need to rally around this man. That speaks volumes to me.

Man i hope so. I hope we find another tackle in the portal just in case but as a whole i really like our OL in an isolation scheme JH will put them in a lot of positions where they are running against 5-6 man boxes.

Here is a diagram of one of the staples of their run blocking against a 3 man front or a 4 man front. A lot of people call this Jolt or Dart. View attachment 346297

View attachment 346293View attachment 346300They like using the backside tackle to lead the charge to the 2nd level. Matt ruhle loves stuff like this as does Lincoln Riley. The 49ers do it a lot with kittle when he is on the backside of a run play. This also gives you a lot of options as an rpo if you trust your QB. They usually space out their slot options and have them shoot to the boundary so the OLbs or Inside corners have to decide instantly to go with them or commit to run on the inside. It’s putting a lot of pressure on those defenders and it’s a very easy way to get your RBs to the 2nd level quick or have a very easy 4-6 yard completion for your QB.

Here’s another diagram of the same concept they run but from a different formation. Again insider corner/olb have to instantly decide to help with that scat screen or go inside to run. Either way you’re betting on a 1 on 1 matchup either in the run game inside or with their guy tackling our guy on a screen. Also another option for this is using the inside most WR on a little pop seam rpo. If the man covering him is cheating inside he can shoot right off his outside shoulder and have a quick 10-12 yard seam.

1611847665609.png

Stock market game is crazy for sure. I actually just removed the 1% annual fee my (do nothing) Investing Advisor through work was taking.

Legit I picked my allocation & my stocks, and already monitor it to purchase when the funds go in from my check. Legit they weren't doing anything, I see a random sell amount of 1% of my -total- funds and cancelled the order since I didn't make it. Then outta the blue they email me about this 1% annual fee or some BS.

I said "well no one notified me" and then in their reply about how it was part of the fund blah blah they said "we could do self managed and remove all fees" and I said "yep, do that!"

I don't why I'm telling you all this, other than to say ya gotta watch your portfolios...at no point in the past 2+ years had an amount that large just been taken out. So either 1. I hadn't noticed before or 2. it was an adjustment they've recently made.

There are absolutely no similarities lol. Urban took a 2-9 Bowling Green team and won 8 games his first year there. 9 games the next season. Went to a 5 win Utah team and won 10 games the following season, and followed that with a 12-0 season. JH has progressively lost more games each season. Don’t try and spin this as a hidden gem hire. It’s another bandaid on a bullet wound hire.
And didn’t have a follow up act in Florida after Tebow and Mullen left. Loaded classes every season but without his cheat code went from 13 wins to 8. Decided to not get “progressively worse” and engineered a heart attack to spend time with his family for a year before getting the acting bug again at another loaded program. Fun with records. 😎

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back