Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of not only Heupel's but also Frost's successes as coaches has to do with McKenzie Milton. Those guys' records with Milton is awesome; without him it is kind of pedestrian.

Bailey or Salter turning into a star (not just a good player, but a star) I think is a requirement for Heupel to be successful here.
I would agree about Milton, but the offensive stats not dropping off a cliff contradict that statement.

Reactions: Sleegro
@DeerPark12 need you to get on this regarding Uniforms. Let them know we would like the Blacks and Smokey Greys as alternates. We would also like to get rid of the Black cleats... and bring in some cleats that you know match our Uniforms.... also.... how about lets get some accessories to go with our Uniforms for these kids..... it will help with recruiting #ImJustSaying
Watching All or Nothing on Amazon about the All Blacks from New Zealand. I love their mentality, the Haka, and the uniforms. Let’s do this!

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL
Haynesworth said it should have been the black man but instead we hired batman.
BTW Tee isn't qualified for the job.... look at our list of coaches that turned us down! Nothing had to do with race.
He once again embarrasses himself. My goodness.... Tony Elliot and James Franklin said no....
Tennessee is SYSTEMATICALLY RASICIST because a person of color didn't accept the job when offered.
607801ce-abf2-4222-a156-4f630aafde7c-1302E9A9-39D5-4ABA-803C-BCF5D0F01329.jpeg

Ess0ybtXUAIs79J
That is so flipping stupid! And I hate that it gives the perception that the black coaches who have been hired were hired because someone just wanted to prove they were not a racist.

Last edited:
I don’t know about the rest of you but I’m glad this place has finally slowed down. Volnation was like having a second job for me, I’d read a page and refresh and 3 more would be added. Exhausting

The one thing about being 30 pages behind was that I'd quickly scan a post for likes and skip the ones that had none or very few. It was the only way I could stay caught up.

The only complaint about the process I have is DW being snippy with the media/fans. I agree our fans can be wild and out of control but the support that's been shown to this university through this stretch is insane. If they don't win quickly I can see a lot of people tuning out because of the brushless of his comments. This isn't UCF dont worry about controlling the fans, create a winning program and the tune will change.

I kinda like that he isn’t babying the fanbase. When you are trying to change culture, you HAVE to address problem areas. Yes, we fans are loyal and have stuck it out, but we have also become negative and venomous at the slightest sign of adversity and not getting our way. I thought he was respectful in his comments, and I hope he keeps chipping away at the Vol fan mentality. We have created some of the problem, whether we want to admit it or not.

Excellent point. I will prepare my family once again for my conniption fits over large men seeming to be in season ending pain only to watch them run back onto the field after a 2 minute breather.

And football fans make fun of futbol players for doing the same thing.

Either way. I like raging!

I guess one positive is an opposing starter Or two will be out for a bit 🤷‍♂️

Haynesworth said it should have been the black man but instead we hired batman.
BTW Tee isn't qualified for the job.... look at our list of coaches that turned us down! Nothing had to do with race.
He once again embarrasses himself. My goodness.... Tony Elliot and James Franklin said no....
Tennessee is SYSTEMATICALLY RASICIST because a person of color didn't accept the job when offered.
607801ce-abf2-4222-a156-4f630aafde7c-1302E9A9-39D5-4ABA-803C-BCF5D0F01329.jpeg

Ess0ybtXUAIs79J
Everyone knows AH is an idiot.
It’s ones like him when their playing days are over you hope they never come back.
Tee was forced on Pruitt by Fulmer, is useless as a coach, except for recruiting and believes he’s owed a shot to coach, instead of earning one. Hope he’s gone for good. We don’t need anyone dividing the team.

I'm sure they expected the early "no, thanks" from the usual suspects, and UT really wanted to explore diversity candidates-- much like they did when they hired Davenport and Plowman. Though Plowman's situation was different.

Nothing wrong with a package deal, though Boyd and Plowman probably weren't thinking it would come to that. Once they got down the list, DW pushed JH pretty hard, and having that comfort level is important.
What that tells me it's DW set it up properly, and was likely pretty honest when talking scenarios with Boyd and plowman.

The danger and worries are if you accumulate a few 3 and outs. No time off the clock and giving the ball right back to your opponent. Works great when it's on.

We are gonna get some damn annoyed by some of these 3 and outs taking 22 seconds off the game clock

Yeah, those 3 and outs will suck but we should be putting up serious points and slinging the rock. It’ll be more exciting than what we’ve seen the past 3 years.

There’s a valuable lesson in this:

We have to stop insisting that former Vols players/coaches are the be all end all when it comes to the future of this program.
@JCLawyerVol and I talked about this today. VFL's are great to have around. Making sure they are on staff isn't a necessity. Great coaches are a necessity. If they happen to be a VFL that's a bonus.

Yep. The closed circle can talk now.
LA, do you know if Campbell was even contacted? I knew it was a long shot, but I just kept thinking 40 mill, or 7 to 8 mill per, gave us a slight chance...nine times out of ten, money walks, talks, and breakdances. Campbell doesn't seem like a dude driven by money, but...40 million is 40 mother effin million, you know.

I saw someone mention Heupal being a scapegoat at OU. Then I read a lazy Mike Farrell article about the hire as he said OU fans say he’s a poor offensive mind.

In the first 3 years at OU, they won 10+ games. In his 4th year, they went 8-5, but in three of those losses, they scored 30+ points with Trevor Knight. Bob Stoops wasn’t going to fire his brother as DC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back