Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just so out on White with how everything went down. The optics of this hire are awful. I think he should donate the search agency fee to charity out of his paycheck or something. The guy took a fat raise to get his current coach a raise also.

Reactions: Jackcrevol
I'm just so out on White with how everything went down. The optics of this hire are awful. I think he should donate the search agency fee to charity out of his paycheck or something. The guy took a fat raise to get his current coach a raise also.
How do you know how it went down?

I am sure this has been discussed, but since we are 133,783 posts deep, I don't have the patience to search. Would he have been ineligible here? If so, shouldn't he be ineligible elsewhere too?
My theory here is we know he took money. If we play a player knowing that then we are knowingly playing an ineligible player. We'd have to vacate wins. Now I'm not sure if we are obligated to share that evidence with another school, in this case Oklahoma. They would have plausible deniability. Since it's unlikely that the NCAA will investigate for a couple of years, He will be gone.

so what you are saying is White didnt try to go after anyone else right?

Reactions: FBtime
After I posted that I thought. If Franklin was #1 the top 2 candidates were. I agree it would be cool and it would be awesome to see a premiere school hire a HC of color but Tee isn't ready. It will never happen but he needs to apologize for this statement.

Pretty sure Franklin wasn't top of the list, but he was the only one that UT was ready to paper. Others said no rght away. JH was backpocketed all along, and once they got to a certain point, it was all Heupel and they finalized a deal very quickly. UT knew before hiring DW that he could bring others and put together a package at a reasonable cost. UT basically bought a $6MM safety net, and they used it.

Watching UCF against Cincy. First two offensive possessions Heupel scored. Wide open receivers everywhere. But they move fast. Very, very fast. Impressive that this offense is this good when, tbh, Gabriel’s arm is pedestrian. Heupel can coach.

It’s impressive that Fickell came back and won by a field goal. But everyone on here who would love Fickell, he has beaten Heupel by 6 combined points in two years, and that’s with Heupel having an atrocious defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back