Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have always blamed Fulmer & Chavis for our inability to beat Florida, since it predated and postdated the Peyton era. We got lucky in '98 against them, make no mistake about it. Caught them with Doug Johnson and no Fred Taylor, was the perfect storm that season.

Even John Ward told a close friend of mine that was the luckiest team and season he had ever witnessed.

So we get a new coach "bump" to 5-7 and we're right back in the same spot in 2022. At least with Pruitt it would have been done in 2022. We've got this idiot until 2027 at least. We're throwing away a decade because everyone overreacted to a year in which we had no QB play when it was most paramount to have good QB play

And we’ve thrown away decades already so what’s difference?
We had QBs but mr 3-7 wouldn’t get off practice super star.
Nobody over reacted, the university was left with no choice. Fulmer and 3-7 thougnt they were above the law and it cost them their job.

Heupel gonna be pleasantly surprised when he sees the speed of some of these Wrs we have. This change has to feel good for those guys.
These will be his fastest WR's he has had while coaching. Gonna be so much fun these coming years, WRU let's go!

I think Josh will be please with the talent on the roster - on the offensive side.

Defense needs work - DL, LB, CB.
We need to convince Henry to come back. Pick up Mike Jones from Clemson and LB will be okay. Corner? I got nothing. Hopefully Burrell and AT can actually be developed. I like what I saw from Slaughter the brief time he played. I can't believe Key left us. Our DL still has a lot of players and a lot of young talent.

This hire sucks. We are destined to suck for eternity.

(Do I have to go to the football forum?)
giphy.gif

I’m sure I’ll come around to the hire eventually, but it’s just hard to get too excited at this point. Eventually, a coach is going to have to just win some games so that we can buy in rather than just promise us that he’ll win games in the future.

The schedule will never get more favorable than it is in 2021 so here is to hoping JH can win some games against the teams we should always be beating.

Imagine the pressure it will put on opponents if we don't GIVE them 7-14 points a game off turnovers (I'm looking at you Jarrett Guarantano) and then can score 30 points in a game.

Just that alone would have beaten Auburn, Arkansas and Kentucky this year. And also put us within one score of Florida and A&M

I try to stick up for Hart on this point. That one is on Strong. He changed his mind after giving Hart his word.

Otherwise, I agree for the most part. I would have liked someone in the media to ask AD White about his criteria and process in selecting a HC. I don't recall him getting into much detail. There are only so many hours in a day, and if he "left no stones unturned", I would have liked more insight as to how he narrowed down his list.
either way...it was just another circumstance that bit us in the azz and made us look "less than"....and you could attribute that to the process, or lack there of, during those searches.....that's all i'm getting at.

Reactions: LynxVol
Didn’t say it was horrible lol. Guess you weren’t on here this morning? I’m referring to the complete 180 because of a press conference

If true, just proves the bipolarity of this fan base at times.

IMO, that press conference didn't move the needle at all. Initial press conferences are over-hyped as to their importance. You don't want to look like a complete dud, but it's typically just going to be a bunch of cheerleading.

Reactions: DuckRiverVol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back