Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s not about the final ruling it’s the damage that will done while waiting for the ruling from the ncaa. Negative recruiting will kill us claiming the death penalty will be coming
And that will hang over our heads for 1-2 years before the sanctions even hit waiting for them to get to our case. Then they will levy their penalties... which will be the hammer. We will not get out of this at all. LSU, UNC, and Kansas has shown us how to deal with the NCAA. We decide to hand them all the information.

Reactions: BruinVol
It’s not an inferior job, it’s an inferior or undesirable situation given the NCAA cloud and the fact that our 3 biggest rivals are National Champs and NY6 bowl teams.
That, plus a long history of administrative incompetence. This is a new regime in charge now, yes, but we still have that history that people see.

Tennessee is seen as a "trap" job nationally. It has all the appearances of a big program - great history/brand, great facilities, a huge and crazy fanbase, etc. But it isn't run like and hasn't performed like a top program in a long time.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
I doubt it. This job really does look like a **** sandwich to most coaches out there. And we may actually be lucky that DW came from a program with a relatively promising young coach who would take it, because we don't even know what the sanctions will look like. Sonny Dykes may have been our ceiling were it not for the DW/JH connection.
You're NEVER going to get some Vol fans to believe their beloved Vols are perceived this badly to the outside world. Unfortunately they live in a bubble and would rather stay there then come out of it and take a real look at the state of this program..

PRAY AD White is what they say he is going forward. We DESPERATELY need strong leadership to drag the program out of the hole previous leadership has put us in...

Going to be a long, hard road folks..

Watch Florida hire freeze or Kiffin or another whale inside the next 2 years.

I don’t think another fan base has had to go through what we have had to go through in regards to administrative incompetence over the last 15 years.

Kiffin ain't a whale, woulda still been nice to have though. Be a lot more energetic around here lol

Nothing personal against our new coach, but in the SEC its 99% about the recruiting. If you can recruit then you have a chance. Where do we stand from a recruiting front? That will tell you our future.
NO IT'S NOT. If it was 99% recruiting, we would've been a top 4-5 team in the conference for the past decade.

Reactions: VOLCENTS1985
I would love to here the explanation on kiffin... I actually think Heupel is better than chadwell and I think freeze is herpes to anyone in the sec and power 5 tbh

I also think the conjecture that we avoided Sexton clients is probably accurate, because we would have to show him the results of the internal investigation. That narrowed the range of possibilities. Are Kiffin, Freeze, and Chadwell clients of Sexton?

Again, blame Fulmer and Pruitt for putting us in this position.

This is nuanced so bear with me. It wasn't that they avoided Sexton clients, DW just refused to deal with Sexton's middle man tricks. Sexton is known to use boosters he is close with (or media) to put pressure on ADs to talk to (even hire) his clients, without ever speaking with the AD. DW refused to play that game and notified Sexton early on they had to speak directly and he wouldn't respond to others being his messenger. Sexton (and a few boosters and members of the media) weren't happy about that, but there were discussions about several Sexton clients - but nothing bubbled up in terms of mutual interest. Punchline, if you want to control leaks, you minimize the use of middle men. That's why there were very few leaks until the very end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back