Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes just kind of thinking as I type about it. Milton getting hurt threw things out of wack.
Forced Gabriel to start earlier than expected as a freshman. Maybe he’s able to learn and not develop habits.
Having a GREAT senior QB probably wins a lot of those close games.
Word. Why didn’t he recruit great? Is UCF a difficult place to recruit?

Let me try to describe the difference between McKenzie Milton and Dillon Gabriel:

The stats will always look good in this type of offense if you have a competent QB.
it’s like when Texas Tech kept having QBs put up crazy stats but they weren’t special.

DG Is like a Texas tech Kliff Kingsbury while McKenzie Milton Was like Texas Tech Patrick Mahomes.

The QB Stats both look good but the QB ability and Talent are different by a wide margin.

Basilio talking about football right now, he said Fulmer absolutely destroyed the program and the number floating around coaches is 50 violations. Basilio thinks we did talk to Chadwell. He said Sonny Dykes did turn down the job. He said Heupel was the only one willing to take the job. Basillio said people he has talked to, they aren't happy with Heupel he isn't moving the bar, program is slipping. He said he think White tried, but nobody wanted the job. He said the one thing they didn't do, as of tonight they haven't talked to Jimmy Sexton clients. Napier, Kiffin and a few others weren't talked to. Said we didn't talk to Herman but the word on him is he needs to go back to the mid majors and prove he can get along with people. Basilio said Tony Elliott would take the UCF job to replace Heupel over the TN job. The UCF job is viewed as a better job in the coaching world right now

Basilio talking about football right now, he said Fulmer absolutely destroyed the program and the number floating around coaches is 50 violations. Basilio thinks we did talk to Chadwell. He said Sonny Dykes did turn down the job. He said Heupel was the only one willing to take the job. Basillio said people he has talked to, they aren't happy with Heupel he isn't moving the bar, program is slipping. He said he think White tried, but nobody wanted the job.

There is no way Chadwell turned it down. He makes $375k!

I am whelmed. Looking like this was White trying to make chicken salad out of the chicken sh!t he inherited. I do think White did his best to bring in better coaches, but money just isn’t a cure-all in these situations.

Still, Heupel runs a system that has worked very well all over the country and can use scheme to make up for talent deficiencies that we’ll face. I’ll hope for the best because what else can we do?

Is he better than Elliott, Dykes, or Marrone?

I mean Heupel's got a nice background, with stops at OU and Missouri before becoming a HC. And UCF going 6-4 with Covid when you actually look at how close their games were isn't that disappointing of a season, hell we all WISH we had gone 6-4. (this is with a bowl game loss, so he was 6-3 with his worse loss being by 8).
People are irrational over this. This is not a bad hire. Could be great

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back