Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y'all seriously thought we were in a position to hire a done-deal championship coach? After what Fulmer/Pruitt and the last 10 years have done to this program? The looming NCAA sanctions?

DW probably did his best to land a handful of top candidates, and those guys were wise enough to turn down the money. That's not DW's fault.

If it's Heupel (which we won't know until it's official) then he hired someone to score points and stabilize the program. To get us through the NCAA sanctions. He will have the opportunity to snag a fantastic in-state class like Butch did and hopefully they'll be fun to watch. Maybe we'll come out the other side of this better than we went in, and that stability and deep pockets will allow us to upgrade.

If you're that upset by this then put your fandom in a box in a storage unit for 5 years and check on it occassionally. You've got to understand how bad our situation is.

What is pathetic about being angry that our boosters tanked the program to flip power control back to them to and this was never about hiring a big coach. It was purely for power and control and to stab Fulmer again. If they are so big and bad why not do like every other program does and pay the buyout and keep your mouth shut and move on. Instead we play this game of cheap azz to avoid a buyout and turned in receipts of everything we were doing.
You really have no idea what you are talking about. I’m sure the only booster you can name without using google is Haslam. You are just repeated things someone said and you don’t know if any is true.

Reactions: SoilVol
Arguing he'd be an awful HC

People said the defense would be great under Pruitt (it wasn't)

Don't need luck if I'm arguing against sheep
But Pruitt had never been a HC. Heupel has been a head coach for 3 years and has had top 5 offenses every year. He had top offenses at Mizzou also. You’re just being emotional.

Ehhh... the record is worse, but the talent isn’t.
There will be more UCF players in the NFL draft this year than any other year.
there’s tons of returning talent too. Especially young talent on defense.
I think the biggest difference could be. Dillon Gabriel is no McKenzie Milton. KZ could literally do it all, throw deep, hit short passes and run the option game. Dillon struggles when rushed and can not run the ball for first downs or in ten red zone like Kz .
Doesn’t that make it worst for JH? Has more talent and lost four?

I’m sorry, but this is so frustrating. Why did it take this long for this hire? We have officially become a second rate SEC school if this is true. I want to get behind this like I did with Kiffin, Dooley, Butch, Pruitt, but I’m tired. Hopefully Im wrong and will gladly eat crow but as I said I’m TIRED of these hires. Who the hell hires someone that has continually lost more games each year? If his damn offenses are so good than how the crap has his record went down? Geez what is our new AD doing? Sorry about the rant and hope I’m wrong and know I will get roasted by the Fan police.

Reactions: AppStVol
I think it’s clear they tried
Is it? Everything has been "kept quiet", so if Heupel is the hire, how do we know they tried without knowing everyone approached? I can think of a number of coaches I'd have ahead of Heupel that fit the criteria they set forth. Did they approach all of them? I doubt we'll ever know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back