Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pathetic.

What is pathetic about being angry that our boosters tanked the program to flip power control back to them to and this was never about hiring a big coach. It was purely for power and control and to stab Fulmer again. If they are so big and bad why not do like every other program does and pay the buyout and keep your mouth shut and move on. Instead we play this game of cheap azz to avoid a buyout and turned in receipts of everything we were doing.

I wouldn’t be so angry if we didn’t have someone sayin his dreams were coming true by turning in violations to get rid of Fulmer/Pruitt and that’s it’s all part of the master plan. Then we hear it’s all going as planned we have been working this for weeks prior and don’t worry guys I’m over the moon. Blank check homies money never an issue again. Like we are about to announce King Kong and then we got a chimpanzee instead.

Otherwise I would be the optimist that pairing Heupel and Steele might actually work. Inwouldnt even have been as mad if we paid buyout then hired him. Instead I feel duped and really upset we screwed ourselves with NCAA by being snitches
Lord help this man. Has there been an official announcement? VN has hired and fired 21 1/2 coaches over the last week. Chill out

Reactions: Leeleesteeth
UCF got wrecked by the only good team they played. They put up alot of points playing NOBODY.
They were playing teams in their conference. Did you want them to play tOSU and GA? As far as recruiting, when you are in the AAC, you get AAC type of talent, not SEC level. Sorry, but that’s the way it works. And he must have done something right, he has went 28-8 with the #2 offense in the nation.

What is pathetic about being angry that our boosters tanked the program to flip power control back to them to and this was never about hiring a big coach. It was purely for power and control and to stab Fulmer again. If they are so big and bad why not do like every other program does and pay the buyout and keep your mouth shut and move on. Instead we play this game of cheap azz to avoid a buyout and turned in receipts of everything we were doing.
Boosters really didn’t turn it in

I think the big issue here were fan expectations. Apparently after firing a 3-7 coach for cause due to serious NCAA issues some were expecting General Neyland himself to rise from the dead and resurrect the program.

Im sure we tried, but we weren’t realistically getting a big name hire like Franklin or Campbell to come here right now. Freeze/Kiffin ruled themselves out due to their past decisions.
We could’ve maybe got a former head coach, but not sure any of the recently fired like Malzan wanted to revive their career on this mess.
Then you have smaller schools with some success like Cincinnati, Coastal Carolina, Louisiana or UCF.

I fully trust Danny White to make the best hire of the realistic candidates and wouldn’t be surprised at all if it was the guy he hired the first time around who’s led his team to a 28-8 record.

I have to give it to White. At his opening press conference he said he doesn’t listen to fans, he’s going to hire who he wants. He certainly did just that if he trots Heupel out.

He also said for VN to shut up and be quiet on Twitter. I have a feeling that part won’t go so well for him. I hate twitter and don’t tweet, so you can count on me, Danny!
Not a fan of Twitter myself, but I hate when people in his position tell fans to shut up about their opinions. Fans make football. The money we spend, our appetite to watch a game, that's what creates the market, and therefore, ultimately, his job. Without fans, he wouldn't be getting paid 1.8 mil. I get it. Some fans are obnoxious and run off at the mouth way too much, but that doesn't mean our voices shouldn't matter. We are the consumers. If we stop buying, the product goes away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back