Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could stomach this hire if we hadn't been told that this time it would be different because we had this grand scheme to pull a big hire. I wasn't banking on our program being a selling point. We are a dumpster fire. But I thought we paid an AD $1.8 million a year to help rebrand and deliver a solid coaching candidate. I knew our program was a dumpster fire, I just thought White was a bigger deal than he apparently is. New admin, same disappointment.

Multiple schools (including Penn St bc he’s currently employed there) would go after James Franklin.

Nobody is going after Hugh Freeze. He didn’t get a sniff of other openings either.
Nobody went after Heupel either but our dumba$$! Freeze>>>>Heupel and it’s not even close.

So....after all the shock, getting excited about the hire. Positivity is spreading. Waiting for rug to be yanked again, Steele or Dykes might be at the podium.. Roller coaster is about to plunge in 3.2.1

As LA Vol put it earlier, this is likely going to be a bridge hire. Maybe it ends up a HR hire but we need this to be at least a double and someone that can get us to 7 or 8 wins annually which should be doable. Then when NCAA sanctions are over and we're in a decent position, we can flash the big money and make the above average hire since we will be much more attractive. Assuming JH can't get us beyond that threshold.

That's how I'm trying to rationalize this. I believe his offense will work well, it did for UCF and while he was OC at Mizzou. He needs an excellent defensive staff and a few above average recruiters as well. Let's do this!

It’s amazing how, when you run all the fancy numbers, he still won much less with more talent at the program Frost built up and handed off.

I’d love it if we were hiring Heupel as OC

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back