Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good God Bass, how many different crotches can you straddle.

You can get all in on any coaching hire.

I used to agree with most everything you said but dam*, lately....
Show me what’s wrong in what I said. Go ahead. And no. Was out on Schiano. Would’ve been out on Steele. Didn’t want Elliot. This is a dude who scores points and develops QB’s. We have one of the nations top DC’s already on staff. If he retains him this could be okay. It isn’t “burn down the program worthy” good grief

One of the biggest problems with all of this is that leadership did not set the proper expectations. At the DW presser they should have leveled with the fans about the current situation and said they were going to try and get the best guy that they could, but it will be hard to land a big name. Given the unknowns about the NCAA they should not have put any conditions on who the hire would be or could be. That was a huge mistake because it allowed the fans to create a wish list of all the big names that in normal times might come.

This has not helped the emotional roller coaster that we have all been on. Also, it doesn’t help that we supposedly landed a rock star AD but now can’t land a rock star HC. Or at least a up and coming guy who would at least give fans a lot of hope to believe in. Rightly so many fans are having flashbacks from the Dooley and Butch hires.

With that said, I am not believing anything until a guy walks up to the podium.

Reactions: CurtWatson31
Show me what’s wrong in what I said. Go ahead. And no. Was out on Schiano. Would’ve been out on Steele. Didn’t want Elliot. This is a dude who scores points and develops QB’s. We have one of the nations top DC’s already on staff. If he retains him this could be okay. It isn’t “burn down the program worthy” good grief
Makin some sense.

Heupel's Offenses are no joke...I will say that about the dude.

OU co-OC/QBs coach:
2011 - 39.5 ppg
2012 - 38.2 ppg
2013 - 32.8 ppg
2014 - 36.4 ppg

Utah State OC:
2015 - 29.0 ppg

Mizzou OC:
2016 - 31.4 ppg
2017 - 37.5 ppg

UCF HC:
2018 - 43.2 ppg
2019 - 43.4 ppg
2020 - 42.2 ppg
That's exciting considering our young QBs and WRs.

So we started catching on to it being Cristobal and then all of a sudden AP says Heupel.

Cristobal til it ain’t I guess
Between Plowman rolling her eyes at AP and the simple fact AP just rambles absolute nothingness 99% of the time..... he’s the last person I’m going to listen to.

Reactions: Vols4us
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back