Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Understandably, I should clarify somethings.

Scott Frost was at UCF for two seasons and his recruiting classes were not significantly better than Heupel's, Heupel's were better, in fact. The year before Frost the average was .8355. No, he's not setting the recruiting world on fire, but he's also in the same yard with Miami, Florida, Florida State, and FIU. Its a crowded yard. BUT, he does more with less...
Screen Shot 2021-01-26 at 8.14.43 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-01-26 at 8.14.59 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-01-26 at 8.15.14 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-26 at 8.15.27 PM.png

As has been noted, his offenses have been top 6 nationally all three years since he became HC at UCF and 14th nationally while OC at Mizzou. He went 22-4 his first two years (with 4 classes of essentially the same caliber of players, Frost's classes weren't carrying those teams) and then 6-4 in a year where the state of florida was a covid hot spot. when they played tulane this year several of their starters were out.

If he's the guy, he's one very good DC hire away from being potentially very good in the SEC. His offenses will excel, and he has HC experience. He's the quintessential up-and-comer future star. I understand the frustration--i really do-- but 8-4 should be the floor the way the schedule is set up, especially if we're hanging up 450 yards a game.

i urge you to give him a chance if he's the guy. he's walking into a dumpster fire with sanctions looming and, like DW, is apparently willing to take it on. I think this could end up pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back