Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
For all holding out hope that Kiffin is still in the picture, wasn't he like USC's 6th choice or something, and he didn't care and bolted anyways? Maybe the same could happen here, and if we "strike out" with several candidates, he'd still accept if asked.

I think everyone needs to sit back, take 10 deep breaths, and relax.

DW is going covert. Done believe everything you hear. We know they offered 8Mil. So if they are playing that game, just sit back and enjoy the ride.

“The calmest person in the room, has the most power in the room”
Are you confirming they offered Franklin 8Mil and he turned it down? I'd be okay with that as I don't like Franklin. Let's throw that at Campbell if he hasn't already said no as well.

Try to get Cristobal which I think is highly unlikely so then go get Chadwell or Elliot and wrap this thing up and then hit the ground running full steam ahead and try to change some of the negative cloud that has hung over Rocky Top for 10 yrs.

Herman or Cristobal. My 2 hopes at this point. Would take the chance on Fisher if we have to move on down the list.

This would work for me. I have been holding out hope for Kiffin, but it's probably a pipe dream at best. Not sure he would get along with the AD. Otherwise, would be a homerun hire.

If the fans were making the decision:
1. Freeze
2. Kiffin
3. Campbell

We could get at least one of those. But UT is gonna UT and trot out a Beta.

This is what it's been like for every coaching search since Fulmer. It's not the fan's fault we are where we are, and it's why the fan base is pissed off.

I love how some posters act like all DW has to do is snap his fingers and a homerun coach will just fall in his lap. FFS.

AP really is a loser. The fans aren’t and have never been the problem. If we just hired someone worth a damn we’d give them all the time they need.
Agree. It is the epitome of laziness to lay this at the feet of fans. Anyone who interacts with fans from other programs knows all fans are delusional. Negativity isn't something that only resides with UT fans. Negativity in other fan bases didn't stop them from hiring quality coaches.

Right - I don't pretend to be able to evaluate something like this, but smart football people have always said Clemson wins because of the staff. Alabama, on the other hand, wins because of Saban.

People are afraid of hiring an assistant again because the last guy failed, but what they forget about the equation was how close Pruitt was to succeeding here, and that his ultimate downfall was his attitude and temperament. And we were warned about both of those things before we hired him. Tony Elliott has the exact opposite reputation.
agreed. and on Chadwell, i've not been as warm to that idea as some others, but.....if you're going to take our situation and deduce that time is actually on the coach's side, then that affords a guy like chadwell some built in "do over" time while he figures things out....i think staff is important there....but i don't think you hire chadwell, or elliot, and say "gotta be in ATL by year 3" or set stuff in stone.....

the ability to filter outside noise will be extremely important for whoever is hired. not a shot at fans, but they're included, b/c recruiting will be difficult no matter who it is, and the roster seems to deplete itself daily lol....so i'd expect some serious lumps on the field early on.

if we're gonna do this, and we are, there has to be some patience at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back