Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sonny_Dykes_A1_08626_Edit.jpg
41B694E1-3055-44F4-A628-6729C4230B88.gif

Amazing how AV shows up when it’s leaked that we were turned down by our top target who we spent all weekend trying to court. Sorry if I am not confident now that we make a good hire. Here comes the calm the masses brigade for another underwhelming hire.
If Franklin was the top target then we already had a strike against us.

He beat UGA and UF (and us) in a single season....at freakin VANDERBILT.
I am not sure what you are looking at when you look at Franklin’s record. James Franklin is 1-7 vs ranked road teams at PSU, and 1-13 overall as a head coach against ranked road teams. His only win is @NW in 2017. Franklin is 11-10 on the road at PSU. Franklin is 3-11 againstMichigan/MSU/OSU while at PSU, with one win against each team.

Honestly I wonder if this is not just the work of ”bad actors”. It’s no secret that TX boosters are the worst and there always seems to be something going on there. It was the same with Mack Brown, Charlie String, and now Herman. They are all good coaches. At some point you have to wonder if the tail isn’t wagging the dog a little too much at little UT.
Don't forget Barnes.

Most likely Franklin. Imo we talked to Fleck but decided he wasn't the route to go. And I would guess the conversation with Campbell lasted 5 minutes.

Fleck was likely another fall back option.

If Franklin said no then we still have our #2 option up in the air.

I’m guessing it’s somebody like Fickell or Cristobal.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
The perception of his character is there only in Knoxville, Tn. It isn’t anywhere else. The folks at Vandy still love the guy. Penn State wouldn’t have touched him with a 10’ pole if that perception was there. Ask a Middle Tn high school coach what they think of him. That perception isn’t there. The only reason he has that perception in Knoxville is because he whipped our ass. At Vandy. It’s about hard to find a coach who hasn’t whipped our ass lately.
True.

Eh. Maybe I’m cynical, but I’m not sure most folks really believe the Schiano revolt actually had anything to do with his proximity to the Penn State scandal. If Schiano would’ve had a winning % closer to Dabo than to Sonny Dykes, VN would’ve been open arms.

I might be wrong, but seems to me a lot of folks don’t like Franklin b/c he upset the natural order of the Tennessee-Vanderbilt matchup - and really enjoyed doing so.

I still don't believe James Franklin was ever a candidate. Rivals and 247 have lost most of their credibility with me this past week. It seems like they're mostly just throwing crap at the wall to see what sticks and then asking for $10 for that. Callahan is full of it.

To follow up. Ryan Callahan said we’ve been turned down by James Franklin
Impossible.

This is all a ploy and White fake offered the job to Franklin knowing he would say no, just so he could throw out misinformation & lead people astray when he’s plotting a master plan behind the scenes to land our REAL number one target.

Reactions: ATC_VOL
I still don't believe James Franklin was ever a candidate. Rivals and 247 have lost most of their credibility with me this past week. It seems like they're mostly just throwing crap at the wall to see what sticks and then asking for $10 for that. Callahan is full of it.

He’s a good journalist

I am not sure what you are looking at when you look at Franklin’s record. James Franklin is 1-7 vs ranked road teams at PSU, and 1-13 overall as a head coach against ranked road teams. His only win is @NW in 2017. Franklin is 11-10 on the road at PSU. Franklin is 3-11 againstMichigan/MSU/OSU while at PSU, with one win against each team.
And what’s our record against the big 3 rivals over the last decade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back