Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
tenor.gif

tenor.gif

Good grief dude...your constant negativity is getting old to even us and and we are a forum full of battered vol fans.

There is a certain peculiar contingent of fans that almost makes me want to hate my alma mater, just by association. They are a tiny minority but they are so rediculous and vocal that they become insufferable.

And social media has given them all a nuclear powered megaphone.

you think that rotating multi year deal is enough to curtail concerns for a potential coach? on face value, that seems to cover the coach on the back end.....and is a legit way to ease those concerns, as far as the time allotted to get this thing going in a good direction again........

Yes, they're going to structure a deal to make the new guy feel comfortable. There's a reason Plowman and Boyd keep stressing patience-- they want stability and are subtexting that it's going to take time and we're going to ride this out with the new hire.

From Godfrey's article: “At this point I fully expect White to poach a sitting FBS head coach with a contract that’s logical with regard to what’s coming from the NCAA.”

That sounds more like Healy or Chadwell than Campbell and Franklin. He also says he's heard it's not Fickell.

I think I’d rather take a chance on Liepold...

It's not tough. A sandwich is a sandwich. A hot dog and bun is a hot dog and bun, a taco is a taco, hamburger and bun is a hamburger and bun, a pita requires disambiguation, if you request a hot dog wrap you people are going to look at you funny.
I'm in a German town in Texas so everything goes in a tortilla including bratwurst.

I just don't see why any of these people would take the job. I think we are setting ourselves up for huge disappointment.

We would double their salary, provide more resources than Cincinnati or Iowa State ever could, probably have to concede a much more job security because of the looming NCAA violations, and it's the big stage that doesn't have the ceiling.

If Iowa State or Cincinnati go undefeated, do you think they get into the playoffs ahead of a one or two loss SEC team?

And with Elliot, it's his chance to be the dude at a blue blood with his same exact recruiting network.

If you flip a sandwich over, it is still a sandwich. If you flip a hotdog over, it is on the floor.

According to dictionary.com, when used as a noun, a sandwich is:

-two or more slices of bread with a layer of meat, fish, cheese, etc., between them:

-a partially slit bread roll, pita, etc., with a filling:

-open sandwich

-a partially slit bread roll, pita, etc., with a filling

Reactions: Sleegro
Agreed. I think we know enough now to say we were paying for hotel rooms illegally. Each time you do that is a separate violation, so, it could become a huge number quickly.

I also think we got busted having cash in those hotel rooms when the recruits arrived.
I have no idea if this is true, but I think it is a strong possibility. Again, we fired everyone in recruiting office.

Reactions: Kingston Vol
No...**** that. If it is a bad hire that I hate for whatever reason...I going to say so. I am a reasonable person, I got on board with the Tony Elliott idea fairly quickly...but I will never support a hire of James Franklin. He would win games and I would still hate him, and not a damn thing will change that.

There are a lot of guys that I would hate to hire, and I would bitch about it for awhile, but end up giving them a chance to win me over.

Not James Franklin.

It's all relative. We all have a few people that we would not support no matter what. For me, that person is Freeze. I would literally never watch another game if we hired Freeze. But for everyone else, whether I want them depends on the other options. I would rather have Campbell than Franklin. (FWIW, I don't think either Campbell or Franklin are realistic options). I wouldn't want Franklin if Nick Saban (lol) was an option, but I would much rather have Franklin than Will Healey (or Chadwell or pretty much any other name that has been thrown out.) So, with a few exceptions, when I say I don't want someone, what I am really saying is that I will be sad if we hire that person because it means the UT job is much less attractive than I thought (hoped?) it would be.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back