Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not tough. A sandwich is a sandwich. A hot dog and bun is a hot dog and bun, a taco is a taco, hamburger and bun is a hamburger and bun, a pita requires disambiguation, if you request a hot dog wrap you people are going to look at you funny.

No, this place is flirting with never coming back and another Schiano Sunday will all but assure that. In hindsight the Schiano protest was 100% bullsh!t because of what they did to Dave D. This stuff HAS TO STOP

No...**** that. If it is a bad hire that I hate for whatever reason...I going to say so. I am a reasonable person, I got on board with the Tony Elliott idea fairly quickly...but I will never support a hire of James Franklin. He would win games and I would still hate him, and not a damn thing will change that.

There are a lot of guys that I would hate to hire, and I would bitch about it for awhile, but end up giving them a chance to win me over.

Not James Franklin.

If I was to guess, our violations are primarily related to recruit visits on campus during Covid and providing financial assistance to them and their families. The reason I think this is primarily based on the entire recruiting staff being involved and being fired. The staff would arrange visits and this would have been over the line. Again, this is just a guess with whole staff being let go
Agreed. I think we know enough now to say we were paying for hotel rooms illegally. Each time you do that is a separate violation, so, it could become a huge number quickly.

I also think we got busted having cash in those hotel rooms when the recruits arrived.

Did you see his tenure at Arizona? They were beyond awful. No way in Hades we hire him as a HC.
Yeah but Arizona has been a tough gig for years. He had a good run in SEC. if people are saying Gus is on the list then hell Sumlin surely should be. He would recruit circles around half the names I have seen mentioned here.

Reactions: Sleegro
From Godfrey's article: “At this point I fully expect White to poach a sitting FBS head coach with a contract that’s logical with regard to what’s coming from the NCAA.”

That sounds more like Healy or Chadwell than Campbell and Franklin. He also says he's heard it's not Fickell.
He means we’re going to overpay and give a longer deal to cover the NCAA stuff coming. Not that it’ll be a lower level coach.

No...**** that. If it is a bad hire that I hate for whatever reason...I going to say so. I am a reasonable person, I got on board with the Tony Elliott idea fairly quickly...but I will never support a hire of James Franklin. He would win games and I would still hate him, and not a damn thing will change that.

There are a lot of guys that I would hate to hire, and I would bitch about it for awhile, but end up giving them a chance to win me over.

Not James Franklin.

Your morality crusade is exhausting.

Reactions: Hardy
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back