Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
None of that is proven and the DA disagrees that what you allege happened. At least have the decency to not parade around like that's a fact. It undercuts your argument.
It’s all in the documents. The posts that have been linked involved the phone call he made to the victim that was in appropriate but not Franklin’s issue there.

My thing is regardless of NCAA issues as an AD I'm sure the same point is being made.

"Whatever punishment comes down, we're going to fight to push it to the people responsible and not our new head coach."

Cause I'll be shocked if anything sticks past 2 years to UT. Pruitt & company may have longer show causes etc. though, but with how we've handled the situation as a university and how the NCAA has punished other schools (or not punished) I don't see them trying to really prove a point with us.

Yes it does.
How do you explain it following him to PSU? Seems like an awful culture to have around the program your suppose to be cleaning up.
He's named in a law suit where it clearly states he had no knowledge of the alleged hazing. Jesus I'm not defending the guy but he's not the rapist you guys make him out to be, BECAUSE HE DIDN'T RAPE ANYONE. Seriously, stop with this crap by your accord you hate AJ Johnson. I like you duds, so lets just end this conversation

I’m serious guys. It’s probably not going to be anyone we want. That’s why I say just roll with Elliott. He’s well respected. Can recruit. If it’s Will Healy or Sonny Dykes or Scott Satterfield it’s a program killer. This is going on way too long for our top targets to have said yes.
...it’s day 4.

Not to mention 1 of those days they didn’t even really do anything

Reactions: Sleegro
Who says the phone call was inappropriate?

Not the prosecutor of the case, that's for sure.

"In an interview with Philly.com, Thurman confirms that Penn State head coach James Franklin did make contact with the alleged victim. He goes on to say, “I think he and his wife called and said they were praying for her and thinking about her. It was probably a pretty nice thing to do and it gets thrown up like this.”

“Obviously, it wasn’t for any purpose of covering up or anything like that,” Thurman said. “It was showing support, which was a nice thing to do. That’s the only contact I know about. I think she worked at the [Vanderbilt] football office part-time. I think she was on the dance team. It wasn’t really that relevant to us.”"

Reactions: Ashevolle
TIFWIW. TB says when talking to his network in the coaching industry, Tennessee has almost 50 level 1 and 2 violations and even the large salary number we are throwing out isn't going to attract anyone big enough to fix it. He said in the coaching circle, this job due to roster and 50 violations is being looked upon as almost an expansion team in the NFL.
I completely agree. Lots of delusional folks. No amount of money will get us the top head coaches in this disaster. (Campbell, Fickell, Fleck)

giphy.gif

TIFWIW. TB says when talking to his network in the coaching industry, Tennessee has almost 50 level 1 and 2 violations and even the large salary number we are throwing out isn't going to attract anyone big enough to fix it. He said in the coaching circle, this job due to roster and 50 violations is being looked upon as almost an expansion team in the NFL.

If this is true, I question whether the better decision was not to lawyer up and tell the NCAA to screw off. Was getting rid of Pruitt and saving the buy out (if indeed that is what happens) worth what the NCAA is going to give us? Seems like it won't be.

I, for one, am OK with all of this Franklin talk. It lets me know that there has been no news on the search and I have not missed anything.

Reactions: jakez4ut
What’s changed since TB was dropping nugz about Fulmer and Pruitt being fired?

A new AD.

Nobody has inside sources right now.
I believe any nugz that we get will come from the school who is losing a coach. It won't come from Tennessee and, therefore, you won't see anything CONFIRMED until it's from Low or Feldman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back