Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
tenor.gif

Man, the last 15 pages or so have been the Legion of the Miserable in here. The James Franklin prosecution and defense discourse needs to run its course and be gone. It’s making this thing unbearable.
Thought it had run its course last night but evidently some dreamed about him last night and woke up "fresh" this morning... 🙄

I will post again.

Mack Brown
Offense
Good recruiter
No negative news about him
white whale, not mentioned
making 3.5 at NC
not 100% if we pursued him in 2017 or not, but I remember some mentioning him here.
Top 5 coach, imo
Has a nickname, "Coach February"
Plane is in Charlotte, which is pretty central between Chapel Hill and Knox.....sort of

Ok I'm done....I promise.
69. Years. Old.

Yeah looks like he said that about an hour ago. And this too...

“I’ll tell you what I know. There are a lot of names being thrown at the wall. At his point the ONLY person who knows what’s going on is White. It’s cool to speculate and it gives the fans something to talk about, but the AD is sealed to the point that other employees in the building have no idea.”
Couldn’t happen, but how boss would it be to just walk the dude out into the stage with no leaks?

Kiffin- SEC proven. Developer of talent. Flight risk easily mitigated with the right contract verbiage.

Freeze- Proven winner. Took Ole Miss to successes not reached since Archie. Can beat Saban.

Franklin- Proven winner. Made Vandy relevant, be damned if the east was in a slump that’s something. 3 11 win seasons since 2014 at Penn State. Rape investigations are just that, investigations that yielded no significant findings. Public opinion didn’t sway the school with the absolute worst scandal in history from hiring him.

Common thread.... all can win. Are they perfect? No. The only difference between these three and other successful coaches is that their misdeeds were public. Reputational risk is taken with every hire. If you think other big name coaches are saints compared to these you’re incorrect.

Look at their resumes against the other “safer” options we think we have. Fleck had 1 good year followed by an abysmal one against a conference infinitely weaker than ours. He isn’t proven. Campbell has had mild success in a far weaker conference, and had some wins against OSU. Freeze took over an irrelevant Ole Miss team and bested Saban multiple times. Kiffin in his first year at Ole Miss battled Saban to the wire and is an incredible builder of talent. Saban s***s on OSU regularly. Franklin has a win percentage that we could only dream of.

Tl:dr Moral high ground will only leave you in this search with unproven candidates and eliminate all who know the SEC and have had successes in the toughest conference in the country. These guys aren’t saints but neither are any of the other big brands out there.
Campbell has had mild success?

Campbell was named the Big 12 coach of the year 3 times. He has upset teams every year. Finished first in the Big 12 this year and beat Oregon in their bowl game. All of this at freaking Iowa State. Might want to do some more research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back