Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree and it is even more than just current ncaa stuff. LA has stated we've had to overpay for years because we simply are viewed as toxic and not all that great of a job recently...now we are doubling down on all that. We absolutely have to overpay in a huge way. $6-8mm could be our range for a whole host of 2nd or even 3rd tier options.
I've said for the last two hires the only way out is to buy your way out. The longer it goes the more it cost. Hopefully they've come to that conclusion.

Do you really not understand the difference in hookers, parties and paying players, and covering up gang rape and physical assault?

I mean...two consenting adults involved with paid sex acts is without question a recruiting violation.

But McGill’s right, there is no way that’s worse than actively helping cover up your players physically assaulting & raping NON-consenting women.

It’s someone we’re either not discussing or have barely discussed.

Matt Campbell isn’t an 8 million a year hire IMO.

It’ll be someone we’re all psyched about but I think it’ll be a shocker.

But I’m gonna go to bed tonight and pray to 9lb 8oz baby Jesus all cute in his manger that it’s Lane Fkn Kiffin.
Lane Kiffin sure ain't a 7 million man. Campbell is considered a top 5 coach by pretty much everybody.

About 200 adoring fans patiently lined up along a downtown city block here to meet Matt Campbell on a hot August evening. When their turn came, they whipped out smartphones and snapped selfies with Iowa State’s wunderkind football coach. Campbell signed everything from paper scraps to ball caps before high-fiving many of his fans.

This hoopla went on for about an hour.

“When you talk to Matt, he makes everyone feel like you’re his best friend," Iowa State booster Jon Fleming said. "You talk to him, and after a while, he has a way of making you feel like you’re right there in the coaching offices with him and the players.

“That’s the kind of charm he has."

But how long can this lovefest last?

Listen to football experts outside of Ames, and they're surprised he's even here for a fourth season. In Iowa, the most-known case was when ESPN's Kirk Herbstreit riled up the Iowa State fan base two autumns ago on Twitter.

"Enjoy this team and this coach, in particular, while you can. He’s gone," was among one of his less popular tweets on Oct. 21, 2017.

I think the timing could be right for Matt to move on from ISU. He had 5 years at Toledo and just completed his 5th year at ISU. If he's ready I think we're ready. Let's get to the press conference.

Reading is hard I guess
Cool, well appreciate you appealing to me with the sparkling personality. You’ve won me over. Sexual assault bad? Read Good? Anyway you should use your amazing rhetorical skills on a legal blog, Vandy or Penn State board. Franklin is not going to be the football coach. Anyway on to crap that matters..

Just kind of glossing over the operative word, there.
I am not glossing over it. It happened under his watch, and even the fact that there are rumors, players saying that he told people to cover it up is enough to not want him hear. Jesus Christ I cannot believe this conversation. Noah get the boat.

Lane Kiffin sure ain't a 7 million man. Campbell is considered a top 5 coach by pretty much everybody.

I love Campbell, but he’s not top 5.

Saban, Dabo, Riley, Day, Kelly, Mullen, Shaw all active guys I’d put ahead of him if taking into account entire careers.

Campbell is probably top 5 in the up & comer ranks though.

Franklin telling that one player that pulled a knife that he should have put the knife up and got his ass beat... is sound advice.

So is telling the players not to talk to cops. Even if it were for a crappy thing, and probably self serving, don't say anything to the cops. Not bad advice. Those guys ended up being dirtbags and I'm glad they were found guilty, but sometimes innocent people get destroyed when they talk to the cops.
Sound advice by a smart man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back