Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I listened to Chris Low on the Nation tonight.

Based on what he is hearing, he would rule out Kiffin and Freeze. That was the clearest message from his discussion.

AP asked him who the "home run" candidate would be, and the first name he said was James Franklin. Long discussion of what he would bring to the table.

Next mentioned was Campbell, but said he didn't think he would leave the Midwest, very short mention.

Next discussed at length was PJ Fleck, really talked him up.

Briefly namechecked Billy Napier.

Lastly went on for some time about Tony Elliott.

Now it's worth mentioning that he never said "I am hearing these names" when discussing Franklin, Fleck, and Elliott, like he did when ruling out Freeze and Kiffin. But to the extent we believe Chris Low may be real plugged into this search, those three seem to be the most likely. I hope my reading of the tea leaves is wrong and we get hit with the swerve of Matt Campbell.
I still think Lowe breaks the news but DW has no allegiance to him to give him nuggs. If anything Lowe would be running interference which why he might’ve seemed dismissive of Campbell.

Not gonna lie ... was hoping Elliot was farther down the list.
I take issue with this train of thought from SF. If you offer 8 million/yr to Campbell, why then is Elliot your backup? If you’re going to offer a huge sum to one guy, you’re telling me there’s not a name right below him with a similar star power that we’re not going to turn to? That’s hard for me to follow.

There’s only 3 guys worth over 40 million.
tenor.gif

Based on their contracts and current situations... i think Campbell or fleck would take the most money to pull. I heard Campbell demands to bring his entire staff too. That’s why he was passed over for Adam Gase with the jets

I. DONT. CARE. He can bring anyone he wants. Don't force anything😎

I listened to Chris Low on the Nation tonight.

Based on what he is hearing, he would rule out Kiffin and Freeze. That was the clearest message from his discussion.

AP asked him who the "home run" candidate would be, and the first name he said was James Franklin. Long discussion of what he would bring to the table.

Next mentioned was Campbell, but said he didn't think he would leave the Midwest, very short mention.

Next discussed at length was PJ Fleck, really talked him up.

Briefly namechecked Billy Napier.

Lastly went on for some time about Tony Elliott.

Now it's worth mentioning that he never said "I am hearing these names" when discussing Franklin, Fleck, and Elliott, like he did when ruling out Freeze and Kiffin. But to the extent we believe Chris Low may be real plugged into this search, those three seem to be the most likely. I hope my reading of the tea leaves is wrong and we get hit with the swerve of Matt Campbell.
EF91D242-9822-469E-AEF0-729321EFB6C8.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back