Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I listened to Chris Low on the Nation tonight.

Based on what he is hearing, he would rule out Kiffin and Freeze. That was the clearest message from his discussion.

AP asked him who the "home run" candidate would be, and the first name he said was James Franklin. Long discussion of what he would bring to the table.

Next mentioned was Campbell, but said he didn't think he would leave the Midwest, very short mention.

Next discussed at length was PJ Fleck, really talked him up.

Briefly namechecked Billy Napier.

Lastly went on for some time about Tony Elliott.

Now it's worth mentioning that he never said "I am hearing these names" when discussing Franklin, Fleck, and Elliott, like he did when ruling out Freeze and Kiffin. But to the extent we believe Chris Low may be real plugged into this search, those three seem to be the most likely. I hope my reading of the tea leaves is wrong and we get hit with the swerve of Matt Campbell.

Our terrible issue that kept coaches away was poor leadership at the top of the University and in the AD. That perception is changing quickly. You also can't discount being able to coach against Saban, Smart, Mullen, and Fisher. Some coaches will get scared off by that and some would love the opportunity.

Oh yeah, I agree with that as well. All we hear is how bad the disconnect is between boosters. I think having a legit AD and him basically giving a coach what he wants is the winner here. It does take some big ones to take our schedule on

utvols88 said:
WELCOME TO ROCKY TOP GREGORY SCHIANO!!!

I laughed.

giphy.gif

I listened to Chris Low on the Nation tonight.

Based on what he is hearing, he would rule out Kiffin and Freeze. That was the clearest message from his discussion.

AP asked him who the "home run" candidate would be, and the first name he said was James Franklin. Long discussion of what he would bring to the table.

Next mentioned was Campbell, but said he didn't think he would leave the Midwest, very short mention.

Next discussed at length was PJ Fleck, really talked him up.

Briefly namechecked Billy Napier.

Lastly went on for some time about Tony Elliott.

Now it's worth mentioning that he never said "I am hearing these names" when discussing Franklin, Fleck, and Elliott, like he did when ruling out Freeze and Kiffin. But to the extent we believe Chris Low may be real plugged into this search, those three seem to be the most likely. I hope my reading of the tea leaves is wrong and we get hit with the swerve of Matt Campbell.
James Franklin is not a home run

I don't follow this. So we never offered Strong, Gundy, Patterson, Brohm, etc?
Semantics, I suppose.

There’s verbal stuff and then there’s a written offer.

I also think COVID makes an “offer” more serious. Because theoretically you don’t get on a plane until you know an offer would be accepted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back