Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously. Not sure what you're trying to say. TN is still big compared to a lot of other school based on what we did in the 90s where we don't have to go hire coordinators.
Our programs two most successful HCs had no prior HC experience when hired. Fulmer was our OC, and the General was an assistant prior to becoming HC.

Last edited:
Reactions: tntitan
Everything, I mean everything, that has and is being reported by all media types and so called sources/insiders is a smokescreen for what is really going on. The small group that do know are not talking, at least not giving specific info on process or names. StorenerFumbles is bringing better info than all media types put together. When it’s done CLow will be first or co-first to break it. Should happen in the next 48 hours.
In the meantime don’t feed the trolls and terminal negateers. Ignore their posts, you can’t reason with them; or block them. They only seek attention.

Last edited:
Per Bob on 247 on who’s making the hire, White or Haslams...

It’s not about Haslam dictating this time. They are on the same page and it’s White’s decision with their blessing. There is trust there. That goes a long way.

Haslams like Lane? He a candidate?

They have a good relationship. He’s leaving it to White. I do not think Kiffin is a candidate.

Talk about a stretch, wow. Dude has had nothing but 5 and 4 stars to work with just like Pruitt. Not sure if you are trying to convince yourself or everyone else.
Pruitt ran this program like it was the 80’s jist having an offensive mind would help us out tremendously.

Yep, I've turned down projects that aren't what I'm looking for at that particular time. And I've taken a few projects just because the money was too good to pass up and they, predictably, weren't the best experiences. Coaches are no different. They could pass because of timing, location, family, fit, personal goals or any number of factors. We need a guy who wants to be at UT, is up for the challenge, meshes well with our personnel, wants to win and is ready to rebuild.
Then why didn't you just say Kiffin or Freeze :cool::cool:

Elliott is growing on me. Seems like a great dude to take a shot on. If he can get some buzz and load the roster in the first couple years, that could be enough to get him over the hump and create that aura of success that is really the key.

Will also say Fleck’s no-visit policy makes me a little nervous. Still think he is a good coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back