Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elliott would land every one of those instate 22’ kids. He’d do much more with the talent than Pruitt ever did.
You have no way of knowing that. Lots of people said the same thing about Pruitt. Being a head coach is a completely different job than being a coordinator. Coordinator is 99% about football. HC is maybe 50%. There is so much outside of X/I and recruiting that needs to be done to manage a program. Yes obviously some coordinators can become great HC, but they can also flop. There is no way you can know for sure ahead of time.

I'd argue Elliott is less likely because he's not even had to help build up a bad team to a good team as a coordinator. He's never seen what it takes to start from the ground up.

Reactions: Cosmo Kramer
Not mad at all. I'm actually quite amused. Tennessee will always be tennessee. And you fans will swallow whatever crap coach tennessee feeds you. And you will talk yourselves into thinking it's a 50 dollar steak. Mad? Nope. Barely care about tennessee football anymore. Hahahaha anoooooother coordinator!!!!! But this time he will get it done, Right!? He ain't Pruitt! But white will mentor him!! He wont have to learn on the job like pruitt! Y'all enjoy the next 3 years. Looking forward to two things. Lane kiffin beating us by 40 points and the next coaching search

$50 steak is still pretty cheap.

A troll says and does things JUST to get a reaction from people.
I dont give a **** what any of you think or say about my opinion.
I'm a fan of this football program. I'm just done swallowing the BS tennessee is selling.
You do not dictate how a fan should or shouldnt act.
If you pull against UT, you're not a fan. It's that simple.

You have no way of knowing that. Lots of people said the same thing about Pruitt. Being a head coach is a completely different job than being a coordinator. Coordinator is 99% about football. HC is maybe 50%. There is so much outside of X/I and recruiting that needs to be done to manage a program. Yes obviously some coordinators can become great HC, but they can also flop. There is no way you can know for sure ahead of time.

I'd argue Elliott is less likely because he's not even had to help build up a bad team to a good team as a coordinator. He's never seen what it takes to start from the ground up.
How many HCs have been hired that have flopped?

Elliott would land every one of those instate 22’ kids. He’d do much more with the talent than Pruitt ever did.
Agree. It's the CEO part that is unknown.. And what does his staff Look like.

Those are two BIG concerns tho, and the source of anyone's angst about him as a candidate.

The football/recruiting stuff I have confidence there

Reactions: KPT_VFL
I’ll be excited if we land Elliot because we finally have a legit AD. If that’s the best man for the job we can get, let’s go and knee cap Dabo at the same time.

I still think it’s Campbell.

Only name I can’t get behind at all is Sonny Dykes. Like how in the hell did he get into the discussion.

In hindsight optics is everything. Depending on how difficult it might be right now trying to find a new HC if they could do it all over again I bet they wouldn’t want to publicly nuke the program with that open investigation.

If you fire after the A&M game for “performance” and just overall program direction it’s probably a lot easier to get a “whale” now. Like some said on here it was a calculated risk, Regardless how upset we get if we settle on a guy like TE we have to understand the situation.

These big name HC love control and don’t want to settle in to a program that could be hit with NCAA punishment even if it’s for top 10 highest paid job. Just my two cents...

I understand that, but I can promise you there's always going to be a lot more interest in the TN than the Ms State job. The last time MS state hired an sitting head coach before Leach was 1991. We've made sh!tty head coaching hires, but TN still has the pull to get a sitting head coach. Now the caliber of that coach, idk, but people still know the draw this place can have with the money and resources it has.
Butch and Dooley were sitting HCs. Pruitt was a coordinator. Kiffin was unemployed, having been fired from the Raiders. Fulmer was a coordinator when we promoted him. Johnny had been a successful HC, but prior to that, both Battle and Dickey had been assistants. Our history is not full of hiring sitting HCs.

Got this from my well connected Clemson friend.

Clemson Rivals - They are very connected and from following down here in SC very reliable.

In light of what was shared last night by Mike Farrell of Rivals.com, this is a good opportunity to share what we know about the situation involving Tony Elliott and Tennessee.

A source told Farrell that the Tennessee job is Elliott's if he wants it. We are not disputing Farrell's reporting; that information may well be true, though we cannot verify it.

But we are confident in saying that, as of this morning, there had yet to be any contact between Elliott and Tennessee.
Reading 60+ pages from last night to find this made it all worth it for now.

Great news if true.

And with that gold mine Kirby gets nervous, makes a few bad calls, and blows the big games that were his for the taking....

For sure. I dont think hes the best coach, but like I had mentioned, there's 100+ other teams that would take Georgia's record over the past 3 years.

Reactions: 99Vol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back