Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. Does anyone recall how many HC interviews or offers Pruitt got before coming here? Also, did he have any NFL interviews? I honestly don't (and don't care to) remember, but I don't recall any.

Pruitt bounced around various places in multiple years. Known as a giant *******. Never in discussion for HC jobs or DC jobs in NFL. Turned down from MSU. Off field stuff.

Elliott has been interviewed and offered both HC jobs and NFL OC. Well known and respected and apparently a great guy who has high character and charisma. Has been organizing the offense and calling plays since 2015. Recruited well and a big piece of what has built Clemson

I remember someone saying that if we moved to quickly on a coach and it looked as if we worked out a back room deal while Pruitt was still the coach, then his lawyer could use that against us in the buyout lawsuit. I’m hoping that the search firm and all these names being thrown out are just for appearances to make it seem like we are doing a real search but in reality we’ve had our guy for a while. It’ll be interesting to see if DW is at the Lady Vols game today or out on the road.

Pruitt bounced around various places in multiple years. Known as a giant *******. Never in discussion for HC jobs or DC jobs in NFL. Turned down from MSU. Off field stuff.

Elliott has been interviewed and offered both HC jobs and NFL OC. Well known and respected and apparently a great guy who has high character and charisma. Has been organizing the offense and calling plays since 2015. Recruited well and a big piece of what has built Clemson

Thanks

I think Plowman's only mistake in this process was setting the qualifications for a coach before Hiring a stud AD like White. Specifically about "not learning on the job" in reference to a coordinator. It undermines the possibility of Elliott right from the start. The biggest concern I have about Elliott's name being so prominent in this search is how bad the optics are if he turns us down. We cannot let this look like the last search where we were getting turned down left and right but I think White is good enough at hiring coaches he will not let that happen.

The fanbase not wanting a coach, for whatever reason, isn't a red flag. If a coach is scared of a large boisterous fanbase then perhaps championship level programs are not for him. That's an indictment on the coach. Not the fans.
When was the last time anyone heard of the fanbase blocking a hire like Schiano-gate? I mean when Auburn hires that loser Chizik, yeah they were like WTF, but there wasn't open protest. Also lets call a spade a spade, the justification for rejecting Schiano as being his ties to Sandusky was a means to an end, nothing tangible there. That said, Curry and his puppet master, Haslam, should have known better that try to push Schiano on us after Mullen fell through. Should have just reset the search. Then he goes and tries to hire Deoren, which lets face it, looks a lot like a Fleck hire this go around, and then social media spooks Deoren off as well.
However for all its current warts and the NCAA cloud, I think coaches still in general regard this as a top tier job (pays well and you can win a Natty), but its high risk, high reward. If you are Campbell, or a Gundy, or even a Fleck...is it worth leaving your "safe" gig? The perfect candidate needs to be one who loves a challenge, and tough skinned enough not be threatened by our fans. A person who thinks enough of their coaching skills to take on this "rebuild". Guys like Herman and Napier seem to pragmatic to take this job right now. Conversely, I think the challenge is what attracts Campbell.

They won’t even tell Hubbs if the AD will be on campus or traveling-a day in advance. Lol.
Hubbs is always good down the stretch and is one of the best at getting real breadcrumbs and info.
but... y’all remember last time when he got caught at the airport chasing the message board rumors? A wide gap between the up to the minute events and what Hubbs knows.

Reactions: trent4394
Volzown thinks White starts traveling to meet with others Monday or Tuesday
tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back