Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris Lowe has not mentioned anything about Elliot.

I know where you're going with this.

Do you honestly think that Chris Low is the only person with sources?

I know what @Atlanta VOL said. He is a message board insider.

Do you know who he is? Do you know his relations to those inside the coaching search?

Reactions: volforlife98
Bob_Vols from 247 seems optimistic (not):

If it is then that means we missed on others and he is the best available. I would take Elliot over a lot of sitting HCs and that includes some in the SEC currently. Bottomline is it won’t be for lack of trying. Money or not, our situation is not attractive. If White pulls out a good coach he should have a street named after him.
We hear this every time. Won’t be for lack of trying bs. Yet we have 2 begging to be here that we haven’t looked at. Fact is that the Haslam just wanted Fulmer out and he burnt down the program to do it. White’s salary is just to make sure he is beholden to them and that rolling year is to make sure no one can fight back against them. Those douches own us which would be ok if they’d hire a real coach but they won’t. They have already done what they’ve set out to do and many will keep blaming the only fool in Knoxville to bring us a title for the mess they made and the hire they forced him to make to begin with.

Do you know who he is? Do you know his relations to those inside the coaching search?
Someone mentioned last night he was at the bball game with the AD, Haslams and others.

Several people on here know who Atlanta Vol is...... I trust DW and doubt he is allowing the Elliot stuff out there..... if it turns out to be Elliot..... I trust DW to have made a good decision bc he seems to know what he is looking for in a coach.

Just my 2 cents on guys from left field:

James Franklin would be a home run hire. He did well at vandy, won a big ten title, played in 3 New Years six bowls, has beaten urban Meyer... but I don’t think we would pony up the money for him.

Clay Helton would also be good. He’s won the pac12 and played in a couple New Years six bowls. He has ties to the south and could want out of LA.

Jeff Hafley is young up and comer who’s done a nice job in year one at Boston college. Had an elite defense at Ohio state. Also has a lot of nfl experience and connections. But would he want the challenge of this job...

Reactions: BruinVol and UTJoe
After doing more research I’m getting more angry if it is Elliott. He has not only just been a coordinator but a co-coordinator for every year except the last. We all need to hope he isn’t the guy. This might be one of the worst hires I’ve seen in awhile.
Co-coordinator is just a title for prestige/money..... Elliot has been calling the plays since 2015.

Reactions: UTJoe
James Franklin told his players to cover up/delete evidence of a gang rape and that rape was both horrifying and highly publicized in the state of Tennessee. He is lucky He wasn’t charged with evidence tampering. He is a hard NO and shouldn’t be on anyone’s list and tbh, if he’s on a firm’s list they are a lousy firm.

We hear this every time. Won’t be for lack of trying bs. Yet we have 2 begging to be here that we haven’t looked at. Fact is that the Haslam just wanted Fulmer out and he burnt down the program to do it. White’s salary is just to make sure he is beholden to them and that rolling year is to make sure no one can fight back against them. Those douches own us which would be ok if they’d hire a real coach but they won’t. They have already done what they’ve set out to do and many will keep blaming the only fool in Knoxville to bring us a title for the mess they made and the hire they forced him to make to begin with.
It's truer than ever this time though. People have to step outside our bubble and realize this is a legit scary rebuild for anyone. Players leaving, ncaa coming, our fanbase is seen as nuts, brand new AD, toxic place in general, 5 coaches in 12 years, bama/ga/fl annually. Yes, I know there are clearly lots of positives here and it is generally a very good job. But right now, it isn't.

If we can back up the truck for our 2nd tier and land one of them, then we'll have done a good job. Just don't want us to have this "1st tier or bust mentality" where we lowball 2nd/3rd tier candidates....that is how you end up on your 4th and 5th tier Dooley-Butch-Pruitts. It's time we take our 2nd tier guys seriously and make them a big offer.

It's truer than ever this time though. People have to step outside our bubble and realize this is a legit scary rebuild for anyone. Players leaving, ncaa coming, our fanbase is seen as nuts, brand new AD, toxic place in general, 5 coaches in 12 years, bama/ga/fl annually. Yes, I know there are clearly lots of positives here and it is generally a very good job. But right now, it isn't.

If we can back up the truck for our 2nd tier and land one of them, then we'll have done a good job. Just don't want us to have this "1st tier or bust mentality" where we lowball 2nd/3rd tier candidates....that is how you end up on your 4th and 5th tier Dooley-Butch-Pruitts. It's time we take our 2nd tier guys seriously and make them a big offer.
Oh we realize it. We also know at least 2 guys everyone would be happy with that would help. Beyond that we also know money cures everything. White came into those oh so scary circumstances because we paid him so would a coach.

Reactions: JayHud
James Franklin told his players to cover up/delete evidence of a gang rape and that rape was both horrifying and highly publicized in the state of Tennessee. He is lucky He wasn’t charged with evidence tampering. He is a hard NO and shouldn’t be on anyone’s list and tbh, if he’s on a firm’s list they are a lousy firm.
THANK YOU

I would have to grieve not getting Campbell or Kiffin, but I could get behind Elliot. I sincerely hope they are basing their decision off of football ability and not a chance to be news darlings for being progressive. There are proven winners that want the job.

Reactions: eroller1141@gmail
Candy protected the heck out of him and their own interests.

THANK YOU
I honestly don’t understand why Freeze and his hookers are scarier for folks than Franklin telling his players to delete evidence of a gang rape. Franklin is a great football coach but that is beyond the pale for anyone. It’s not just fans either Sankey has an unspoken blackball on Freeze while Franklin is fine. Then again Franklin didn’t have the temerity to beat Nick twice.

You're going Nega. Freeze and Kiffin aren't coming and neither is Campbell. Elliott has the same ceiling as everyone else left on the list maybe higher. White also has a great track record of steering these guys right. Im sure MS ST was sooo worried about Dan Mullen a few years ago. I think UK is pretty happy with never been a HC before Stoops. Mizzou and Arky seem to be ok with their coordinators.
Pittman wasnt even a coordinator. OL coach.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
Roughly translated..

"I don't sh!t.."

$9.95 please.....

Hubbs:
9qfKx12.jpg

Reactions: Kingston Vol
So much between 12-3. Kudos VN.

If TE is the guy, I’m happy with it. He’s nothing like JP besides the fact they were coordinators. That’s it. It’s just lazy to say they are the same

Agreed. Does anyone recall how many HC interviews or offers Pruitt got before coming here? Also, did he have any NFL interviews? I honestly don't (and don't care to) remember, but I don't recall any.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back