Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure why everyone is shocked that it could be Elliott.

Didn't Brice mention something about Elliott? Didn't Feldman mention something about Elliott?
Didn't 247 mention something about Elliott?

Seems to me like all signs are pointing to Elliott.
Chris Lowe has not mentioned anything about Elliot.

Big Jim, Jimmy, and Bill/ Ray Hand/AV/ Donde/ and DW all at the bball game together tonight...coincidence I don’t believe so. Jimmy hasn’t been to a game or in Knoxville in a very long time. Something is brewing so get ready.
9169557A-FD49-4F27-900E-4C6F0BDA9542.gif
Today is the day! I wonder if they will actually have a press conference today and announce it that way? Today makes sense. There are a lot of leaks of fake news that is cover. I predict Lowe tweets later this morning shortly before the announcement that the real candidate is a new name that is emerging, and then he will break the news of the hiring not too long afterwards.

I agree.

I don’t want a coordinator but if we have to settle due to the NCAA stuff, if White doesn’t get his top targets, I could get behind Elliott.

I’ve seen people compare him to Pruitt but on offense, let’s not do that. Pruitt could barely form sentences, and we find out is unlikable, a bully, micromanaging, incredibly stubborn and maybe not that bright. Elliott on the other hand appears to be extremely smart, engineer major in college, high character guy folks love, runs one of the best offenses in CFB, and would kill it with recruiting. He could very well be the next big thing HC. Not to mention it would hurt Clemson.

But I still think we hire Campbell, Fickell or some other winning HC.
It’s been mentioned Elliott is close to Tee, Graham and Steele, that could reduce the staff turnover and provide some deal of stability.

Reactions: FiremedicVOL127
If we did/have hired Elliott... Your gonna be able to argue that the list was short, and we got a guy at or near the top of the list.... For once lol

I don’t understand how Tony freaking Elliott is the top guy. I don’t care what people say, this is the same level of candidate at Pruitt and Pruitt was our like 8th option. Why not at least try for a proven guy? People can start sunshine pumping but it’s a bad hire

DW runs a tight ship. Media is throwing names out in hopes they can claim they still have sources. Names mentioned are probably floated out there by agents seeking to get their clients a bump and themselves a nice commission. This is the way.

I bet we are surprised or it's Campbell.

I just don't see Elliot. 1st time head coach asked to fix a crappy culture and deal with possible NCAA sanctions?

Why? He said a few days ago he would not another word about the search until the hire is announced. He’s doing exactly what he said, which means our top target is still in our sights, and hopefully they are hammering out contract details, or have already agreed and are just waiting to announce.

Disclaimer: I’m answering this and am 30 pages behind, so I have no idea what I’m about find out that has happened between the hours of 11pm-6am. It must be something to have that many new pages in the middle of the night. Hope it’s good news. Here we go.
And it was absolutely nothing that I missed in the 30+ new pages, except for the one post by Bobbygvfl. It’s hilarious y’all are posting all of this drivel about Elliot. You just don’t listen to what has been told to you days ago by AV. The ONLY media member to pay attention to is Lowe. Lowe is dead quiet, as is AV. This thing is about to explode today. It has to be today, especially with the news about the whole Haslam family, Hand, etc in Knoxville at the game last night.

Not sure why everyone is shocked that it could be Elliott.

Didn't Brice mention something about Elliott? Didn't Feldman mention something about Elliott?
Didn't 247 mention something about Elliott?

Seems to me like all signs are pointing to Elliott.
Probably because we were led to believe we were serious this time.

After doing more research I’m getting more angry if it is Elliott. He has not only just been a coordinator but a co-coordinator for every year except the last. We all need to hope he isn’t the guy. This might be one of the worst hires I’ve seen in awhile.

Reactions: Vol17222
After doing more research I’m getting more angry if it is Elliott. He has not only just been a coordinator but a co-coordinator for every year except the last. We all need to hope he isn’t the guy. This might be one of the worst hires I’ve seen in awhile.
Maybe the new HC is trying to pluck him from Clemson.

Reactions: nesbuddha66
What is aggravating is the fact that Kiffin and Freeze would take this program back to Atlanta and they can't even get looked at.
This. It is looking more and more like all this was was a Haslam powerplay nothing more. They care about themselves and now have an AD locked in. It’s Schiano 2.0 time. They don’t give a damn about winning. I’m begging them to prove me wrong here but it looks more and more like revenge and nothing more.

Hey day crew, if you are actually still reading, you probably should skip ahead. We have a ff cleanup on aisle 4 here that doesn't seem to wanna go away. It keeps threatening to leave but appears to be all bluff. It's like it just wants to sit in It's own filth. To each their own i guess.

Give it time, when his parents realize he stayed up so late, he will be in big trouble! Will likely be grounded for a month.

Me waiting on Lane or Freeze

jason-momoa-chair-bernie.gif

I don’t understand how Tony freaking Elliott is the top guy. I don’t care what people say, this is the same level of candidate at Pruitt and Pruitt was our like 8th option. Why not at least try for a proven guy? People can start sunshine pumping but it’s a bad hire
What is this "sunshine pumping" you speak of? I dont believe I've ever heard of such...kind of like orange colored glasses, the first time I hear of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back