Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can also tell you this.

Before accepting the job, DW told DP he had a list. All would meet the criteria for integrity. He’d take additional suggestions from DP, PF and RB - names he might not have considered at UCF for budget reasons - but in the end the list would be his list. Not the boosters list, the media’s list or anyone else’s list. His list.

So if anyone is speculating on a target based on your past experience with Tennessee’s searches - be prepared to be surprised.

Before accepting the job, DW told DP he had a list. All would meet the criteria for integrity. He’d take additional suggestions from DP, PF and RB - names he might not have considered at UCF for budget reasons - but in the end the list would be his list. Not the boosters list, the media’s list or anyone else’s list. His list.

So if anyone is speculating on a target based on your past experience with Tennessee’s searches - be prepared to be surprised.
you know that usually means protecting the plums, right?

Why is he taking PF's input. We want Steele as DC not HC

New name to watch - Will Healy
Well he ain't an FU $$$ guy. But better than Elliott Brent Dougherty on 104.5 in Nashville was singing his praises the other day. Did an awesome job at A-P, and doing good and Charlotte. Checks many of the supposed boxes. Sitting HC, Clean Record, Builder.

Well he ain't an FU $$$ guy. But better than Elliott Brent Dougherty on 104.5 in Nashville was singing his praises the other day. Did an awesome job at A-P, and doing good and Charlotte. Checks many of the supposed boxes. Sitting HC, Clean Record, Builder.
they goal isn't necessarily to pay the next coach $7m a year.

just that we can/will for the right candidate.

i'm not going to tell you Healy is ready for this job, i do not think he is.....

but, that guy does have a bright future somewhere. he's been great for UNCC.....

One thing we aren't taking into consideration is Covid. White is most likley in an office with his assistants conducting Zoom meetings with potential hires right now and won't fly anywhere until a coach has accepted the job. Makes it harder to speculate.

Sweet! Screw the plane trackers, we got any hackers in the house?

Here is my thought....what if Elliot is actually not a HC candidate for us? What if they already have the HC locked up but now they're trying to get an OC?

Reactions: 5FingerVolPunch
I think it's safe to say the whale all of the insiders have been referring to is Matt Campbell. Agreed?

I think it's just a matter of if they are able to make a deal at this point.
I don't know why he'd leave. He told the NFL no. And he told Texas no. He seems happy where he's at for now.

Reactions: Sleegro
I think it's safe to say the whale all of the insiders have been referring to is Matt Campbell. Agreed?

I think it's just a matter of if they are able to make a deal at this point.
I don't think that's necessarily true. It's what we assume based on nothing more than he's a good coach at a p5 school that everyone thinks he would want to leave for us. I think it's someone else who may actually be available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back