Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not gonna pretend to KNOW anything, either way. I'm a fan on a message board, same as you. Asinine to say you KNOW Lane would come to UT if offered.
Agreed that I'm not sure he would burn 2 bridges. That's my only hold up on him coming. But I'm hoping

Alright, I'm convinced Sallee has no clue what's going on here. He thinks we're going to look for a guy that can handle a long, slow rebuild over 6-7 years. Yeah, that's not what is going to happen. Fans won't be here if it takes 7 years to rebuild.
There's no such thing as a 7 year rebuild. Doesn't take that long. A good coach has shown major improvement by year 3.

I'm not gonna pretend to KNOW anything, either way. I'm a fan on a message board, same as you. Asinine to say you KNOW Lane would come to UT if offered.
I know nothing....ok...He (Lane) reached out to 2 boosters the day Pruitt was fired saying he wanted the job....so therefore My opinion based on said info...says he wants the job...Asinine to ignore legitimate info

Reactions: barrylee
I want to believe we are about to wash all the stench off our football program, but recent history shows otherwise. We've been put through so much as a fanbase that it's hard not to have doubt.

My nephew text me earlier to let me know about White. I'd already heard but I played along. As I've said before on here, he is 15 and has never experienced the Vols at their prime. He's so excited and its wonderful to see. We lost an entire generation of fans guys. These kids these days don't know, but he always impresses me with his study of all things Tennessee. He loves watching the old games.

His initial text just read "looks like we found an AD. Some Danny White guy from UCF. I text him back with a simple "home run" response along with a screenshot list of accolades for White. He replied back and said "This might be the rebirth of Tennessee football. I sure hope so. This has to be the best hire in I don't know when."

Now at this point he's got me in my feels. As an old guy it's our job to teach these young guys and groom them along. Hope is a strong, wonderful thing. You give someone or a fanbase some hope, and you've armed them with all they need to take the plunge. I don't wanna take the kids excitement away, because I know that wonderful feeling. So without hesitation I finally replied to him "We are gonna be just fine bubba. You're gonna see what Volnation is really about soon!"

Things may seem cloudy for now, but damned if the sun ain't starting to shine through. Thank you Donde, Randy, all the boosters. Lets get this thing back on the rails

Last edited:
I know nothing....ok...He (Lane) reached out to 2 boosters the day Pruitt was fired saying he wanted the job....so therefore My opinion based on said info...says he wants the job...Asinine to ignore legitimate info
Lane won't be the next coach at UT. Danny White will bring us an incredible coach, but it won't be LK and that's fine. We'd all be wise to move on from that mentally, so you don't set yourself up for disappointment. We have an AD who knows what he's doing, which is a first for us in a long time. Trust him and support the guy he brings in.

If I'm wrong, I'll shut down my account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back