Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
look for guys who are going to be here for 5-10 years that’s where to start imo.
As much as I'd like that, the only way for that to happen in this day and age is to bring in the money.

Of those championship coaches of the last 15-20 or so years, Jimbo Fisher and Urban Meyer left their programs. Orgeron is in a prove it year. Gus Malzahn had the best w-l record against the greatest coach of all time and still got fired. Chip Kelly and Les Miles are relegated to non-factor status. Kirby Smart is getting compared to his predecessor and may be no better.
Even Saban and Dabo have had serious offers for a ton of cash presented to them.

I don't care about someone's long term plan, I want to win.

Barrett Sallee on Fox Sports Knoxville now.

Says Lane could be a possibility, but doesn't think it'll happen. Says Lane wouldn't be much of an issue in the eyes of the NCAA, but he thinks Lane doesn't want the job and would tell us no if we asked.
So he knows nothing then?

he doesn't need to do that. we're making ish up again. that's on us. if you choose to believe it's kiffin til it ain't because we're all excited about it, that's a YOU problem.

lol...you certainly can't hold the new AD accountable for crap you made up in your head..............................................lol.

I agree, but I would still like to bring Kiffin back. However, I think I'll trust White's judgment here. It's just hard to make the decision to remove your cup after 15 years of nut shots.

Reactions: TN-POSSUM
So he knows nothing then?

That's what I think, too. I was just passing along what he said. He said Lane is happy at Ole Miss and wants to be there awhile. I find that hard to believe, even if he doesn't come to TN. Lane definitely doesn't think Ole Miss is the last stop on climbing the coaching ladder.

Says Lane could be a possibility, but doesn't think it'll happen. Says Lane wouldn't be much of an issue in the eyes of the NCAA, but he thinks Lane doesn't want the job and would tell us no if we asked.

I dunno...

I will say you can’t trust Lane even if he is texting boosters and following VFLs.

Reactions: ATC_VOL

I know I will get flamed but I agree with this. He isn't going to burn another bridge with another SEC school. Plowman went outside the UT family for a AD I believe the same will happen with the new HC

That's what I think, too. I was just passing along what he said. He said Lane is happy at Ole Miss and wants to be there awhile. I find that hard to believe, even if he doesn't come to TN. Lane definitely doesn't think Ole Miss is the last stop on climbing the coaching ladder.
You're probably right, but leaving TWO different SEC jobs after 1 season would be a really bad look and cement his reputation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back