Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
December, I was reticent to share on here, I'm not a fan of people airing their personal stuff in here. It's been devastating but I have a support system. Don't take anything for granted.
Man, so sorry Newt. I was just thinking this week it had been a while since I’d seen you post.

December, I was reticent to share on here, I'm not a fan of people airing their personal stuff in here. It's been devastating but I have a support system. Don't take anything for granted.

Damn Newt. That's awful. I remember seeing you post pics of the two of you together on trips/vacations. So sorry to hear man.

Stoops on ESPNU radio The First Team:

“I do get asked. We’ll see what happens in my life. You never lose the love of being on the field. So in the end, we’ll see. It’s not my intent to go out and be a coach again but the right situation comes and you feel like you need to do it. You just saw that with Urban. So we’ll see what comes.”

This is paraphrasing I missed a few sentences.

Just curious, is this from this morning? Or do you find this old quote from a previous appearance he made in the past?

Helps with context. Thanks!

Reactions: Neyland Law Vol

“I do get asked. We’ll see what happens in my life. You never lose the love of being on the field. So in the end, we’ll see. It’s not my intent to go out and be a coach again but the right situation comes and you feel like you need to do it. You just saw that with Urban. So we’ll see what comes.”

Dusty Dvoracek, who played for Stoops, added just now that he doesn’t see Stoops on the sidelines again. Said he wants to see every game his son plays at OU. His son is a RS-Soph.

It's happening....... 😎

One piece to the puzzle of coaching hires that we seemingly have completely disregarded the last decade + ...

we haven’t hired a coach who is easily likable since Kiffin. Dooley, Butch, and Pruitt have all been rumored to have sandpaper personalities behind the scenes. I know Saban isn’t likable. I know it’s not a pre-requisite for being good, but it certainly is a trait we could use right now as we forge ahead. A guy with actual, natural charisma and charm would go a long way in this hire. Especially for a rebuild.

Reactions: abbyvol
Something that hasn’t been mentioned and I just heard Andy Staples talking about it

the new coach will be given a contract that automatically extends with years of probation. They tells me this contract is going to be 6-8 years
About right. Fulmer said in the PC they need someone in that position a good 10 years. Maybe 10 is stretching it but Oof! That’s gonna suck if they botch this hire.

Reactions: BruinVol
Anyone know wtf is going on yet, or will I be hitting refresh all day? Thanks in advance.
giphy.gif

Let's be honest, the "right situation" is just code for "whoever pays me stupid money"...

These coaches just want to make the largest paycheck possible.
Depends on what stage of their career they are in.

Someone like Jamey Chadwell wants to make the largest paycheck possible, and would go to any school that offers him a huge raise. I think he's the lowest-paid coach in FBS. Someone like Matt Campbell is going to be much more selective. There are plenty of schools that would double his salary, but I don't think he'd go to just any of them.

Man, this breaks my heart for you.
I know we're strangers on the internet but I can speak for me, and guage the temperature of a lot of other posters to say we're here for you in whatever community we can offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back