Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a reminder that FU money only guarantees the ceiling of the offer. It will not, nor never, guarantee interested candidates based on a variety of different conditions including administration and administrative support, ncaa penalties, opportunity cost of waiting for a different opening, personal and family opinions, etc. We could offer $40M/5yr as a max to multiple candidates and end up with Steele anyway (but for far less financial obligation than the FU money ponied up).

Hopefully that’s not the case, but having FU money doesn’t guarantee results. Just makes the odds better.
Our FU money has a nasty habit of never showing up. Our boosters have been 💯 percent talk since Fulmer was fired. It’s easy to tell tales of alleged offers that were turned down but if we’d actually made even a quarter of the offers people have claimed over the years we’d have landed on at least one big time hire. Our boosters are simultaneously wealthier and far more useless than the boosters at poor schools in this conference. All talk until proven otherwise. It’s well past time for them to prove themselves.

An immature Kiffin who bolted Knoxville to return home to USC now having more wisdom and regret will bolt Oxford to return home to Tennessee? Give it time. Would he be missing the good old days in Oxford sooner rather than later if he returned? Would Ole Miss have him back after he left them high and dry?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Well. Tennessee is just an upgraded job in comparison to Ole Miss. Even with Sanctions. Yeah, USC was a better job than Tennessee in 2009 in theory, but not really enough for someone to make a move like that. Especially because of incoming sanctions. It only happened because it was "his dream job". Think Kiffin just knows once the sanctions are over, he could be more successful at UT. Plus he knows unlike USC, he will get time to turn it around.

#2 Negative. He sank at USC because he couldn't recruit under sanctions.
#3 Negative. Why come to TN and be shut out of at least an NY6 bowl like many SEC schools? Why RETURN to prominence instead of BE prominence if you're 3 and out?
#4 Negative. Never has UT opened the purse like Bama or GA for staffing. NEVER SEEN IT.
#9 Breaking in a new AD and staff as a +?????

I appreciate the stretch, but seriously: there's literally no...... completely fired .... recruiting staff at UT football, there's no AD, your best recruiting coaching just got torched and are gone, and there's a bunch of players in the portal.

None of that is true at Ole Miss. Kiffin would have to be a certifiable narcissistic crazy to believe "Yeah, I'm ready to go the long haul at UT right now!"
It’s clear you don’t know what you’re taking about.... UT had the second highest paid coaching staff and recruiting budget btw. But keep pushing your opinions as facts

Reactions: LoudOrange
From Basilio's blog this morning:

"Watch out of for Levorn Harbin to be added to the staff soon. Harbin was Director Of Recruiting at Auburn and is expected to serve in a similar role in Knoxville. Harbin is a guy that is very well respected in that business. I was told yesterday that Harbin was highly instrumental in helping Auburn best Tennessee for DL Jay Hardy out of Chattanooga back in fall of 2019. "

"Watch out of for Levorn Harbin to be added to the staff soon. Harbin was Director Of Recruiting at Auburn and is expected to serve in a similar role in Knoxville. Harbin is a guy that is very well respected in that business. I was told yesterday that Harbin was highly instrumental in helping Auburn best Tennessee for DL Jay Hardy out of Chattanooga back in fall of 2019. "

At least we're getting crooks that know how not to get caught lol

At least we are getting better cheaters. We gonna have to spend some of the F U money to build a cabin.

Until I actually see it happen, I just can't find it in me to believe that UT will make a good hire. I've seen too much dysfunction to believe it will happen.

TN has to be the only P5 school that seems to constantly have a handful of winning coaches wanting the job (for the right price). But repeatedly snubs them in favor of Doug - the equipment manager of Holynokes Community College.

But I'm sure it'll be different..this time.

So the Haslams really have burnt the whole thing down just to get rid of Phil. I didn't think it was possible for me to think lower of them.
I agree to a point, but then you gotta look on the other side n listen bro those who actually know a lil more than us basic fans. Although this looks bleak n dark now, this may be what had to be done to flip the script if wash, rinse, repeat. We may have been listening to the wrong people all this time and maybe the Haslam family wasn't the bad guys. I have no proof but after hearing the things about Fulmer that we've heard over the past 3 years maybe it's been him all along who's caused all the chaos n drug us down. I myself don't wanna believe that considering he was our NC coach n player here for so long but at this point it would make sense. I guess time will tell with results from this point on. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Anybody saying these kids left because they werent going to be eligible here so they can play elsewhere has no clue how The ncaa works. That’s completely a false narrative

Now they may be leaving for a fresh start because they know what coming in a ncaa report but there is no running from the ncaa’s amateurish clauses. They will have to repay extras benefits received and likely serve suspensions whenever they play next fall.

these ncaa issues May make it much more difficult for them to find places that want to deal with this mess than they think and I think some end up back in Knoxville

I agree with all of that. I’m also guessing UT told these guys to hit the road...they’re no longer welcome here. Helps to mitigate the penalties.

Last edited:
Reactions: BruinVol
Can we all agree, whoever remains after this purge, and whoever chooses to come to this mess as AD and coach, deserve our deepest loyalty going forward?

Just give your all for Tennessee.

Reactions: volsfan_17
Anybody saying these kids left because they werent going to be eligible here so they can play elsewhere has no clue how The ncaa works. That’s completely a false narrative

Now they may be leaving for a fresh start because they know what coming in a ncaa report but there is no running from the ncaa’s amateurish clauses. They will have to repay extras benefits received and likely serve suspensions whenever they play next fall.

these ncaa issues May make it much more difficult for them to find places that want to deal with this mess than they think and I think some end up back in Knoxville
I think they were told by compliance and they aren't happy about it, entered the portal and will end up back unless they go to G5 or fcs who will be willing to wait for the suspension to end. I agree, I think they end up back

Reactions: BruinVol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back