Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plus the motto/catch phrase stuff isn’t unique to butch and fleck. Pretty much every head coach has them.
99% of it is because he coached a directional Michigan school. It's just a convenient similarity to draw. Then you hear the catch phrase and you think "this looks familiar."

In actuality, Fleck has taken a collection of alright rosters and made great teams. A couple of times. Above all else, he is a proven program builder that knows how to appeal to the public/media. He would be a palate cleanser for the school, and our standing in the conference/national landscape. I do think that he would win on top of all of that. Can't speak to the ceiling in the SEC, but his floor is awfully high.

And I do think that he could make something of the guys we already have on campus (that end up staying).

99% of it is because he coached a directional Michigan school. It's just a convenient similarity to draw. Then you hear the catch phrase and you think "this looks familiar."

In actuality, Fleck has taken a collection of alright rosters and made great teams. A couple of times. Above all else, he is a proven program builder that knows how to appeal to the public/media. He would be a palate cleanser for the school, and our standing in the conference/national landscape. I do think that he would win on top of all of that. Can't speak to the ceiling in the SEC, but his floor is awfully high.

And I do think that he could make something of the guys we already have on campus (that end up staying).
We would win 9 games next year at a minimum. He’s a hell of a coach and we’ve got talent.

The Gump won 8 games here one time 😂 this job is so easy to win at. Put a guy like Fleck at UT and we’re back to relevance immediately

Reactions: Govolsman98
This is getting good. Bob Stoops is not a home run hire for us?? The man had some bad losses in what, the playoffs? BCS games? :rolleyes:

Bob would be a grand slam of a hire. But it ain't happening. He's not going to come coach against Mark every year.

I’ll take him no doubt but I don’t think he’d have success here under these circumstances. I wouldn’t pay him 8 mil. I’d to get another big name with that $

Oh yea? Well I don't need your negativity lol
Agree 100%. Burnt out at UW and his dad is in bad health and a PNW guy from what I remember.
And don't get me wrong, I love Chris Petersen and think the world of him as a coach. Just don't think there's any chance whatsoever.

Yes i remember bob stoops lol. He was at Oklahoma... maybe the easiest place to win in college football. How do you go 8-4 at Oklahoma ?? Lol
Screenshot_20210120-150338_DuckDuckGo.jpgScreenshot_20210120-150236_DuckDuckGo.jpg

I don't see PJ Fleck being worth $8 million a year. I watched his documentary and he seems likable but there's no way he's worth that kind of $$$$.

Bruh - if it's Fleck that would be stupid. Maybe he isn't the next Butch Jones and is a really good coach, but he certainly looks the part of a cringy salesman. F all that business.

Do. This. Right.

Fleck isn't it.

Been with my wife to see our 3D ultrasound this morning and went into work. I haven’t been able to keep up today.

How is it looking today? Is UT really going to hire Steele?

Only think worth saying that’s happened today is word that Plowman may be looking outside the ten framework for an AD hire

Reactions: Tnfan41
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back